Saturday, April 25, 2009

You're only....



Here to see the Rangers....

Just back from Rangers 3-0 Scottish Cup semi-final win over St Mirren.We scored early and the result was never in doubt after that.With only 5 games left in the league ( including one v the great unwashed) it's all to play for.Rangers are in a pretty poor state financially at the moment and winning the league to get into the Champions League is vital.

Stopped off at the shops and bought Resident Evil for the PS3 on the way home.A new game,some Stevie Segal justice being dealt out, a nice puff and the company of the s-man and Nacho are on the cards for tonight.

Last night I had another decent night at the felt and cashed in a few $22's on Party.I'm still down for the month there but I'm over $500 up on my lowest point which is quite pleasing.I'm hardly on a heater, but at least I don't seem to be running dreadfully until I get in the money which is progress at least!

All this running badly crap just makes me admire guys like Boku87 even more.He turned $100 into over $10k in less than 2 weeks playing low limit sngs and endured a couple of huge downswings during his challenge.I wish I had the confidence, resilience and stamina to grind it out like he does.Mind you I read some poker magazine article where the writers had to play 150 sngs in a month and they claimed the variance they suffered doing that was mind warping.

Who knows if I'm over the worst of my downswing but gaining a bit of confidence has helped me learn to trust my instincts again and play accordingly.I've called off my stack too often on these occasions recently.This time I listened to the wee voice in my head! Of course there's an arguement for raising AJ from the button preflop but I hate AJ early on in sngs and with more fishy calling stations playing at the weekend I preferred to play it this way.



Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, 27 April, 2009, Blogger dD said...

1000th post and epic fail .... outstanding :)

regards

dD

ps wanna buy my house .... then the foxes wont know where u live ....

 
At Monday, 27 April, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Lol Dudley.I didn't realise you were 1donkey1 at tables last night.Been a while!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document