Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday update

I've been playing so much Motorstorm Pacific Rift recently that when I saw a truck with it's back down this morning I nearly tried to use it to jump the upcoming roadworks.The S-man and I even tried playing it online on Sat night, but our reputation as top racers must have scared off the competition.( or the 10 yr old ps3 superstars were all in their beds as it was past 9pm!)

I gave Step A a lift to her Dads on Friday and it seems the ex Mrs A is telling me she's moving down South this summer and telling Step A and her Dad that it will be next year.Either way I get on fine with Step A's Dad and have agreed to let Nacho go there every couple of weekends so Step A can see him.He also said that as Step A is 14 ( can legally decide for herself) and wants to stay with him,that I'd be welcome to spend time with her as I've known her since she was 5 and have been good to her.It's horrible for Step A to have to decide ( assuming the ex is on the move) but I hope she does stay locally and we stay in touch.

To the poker and after some cashless sng's I ran well at Party and managed a couple of wins yesterday.I fired up the Brit Blogger next and finished in the middle of the pack after bluffing off my stack with AQ.After raising when it folded to me,the flop came with two kings,I led out,got called and reckoned I could make my opponent fold an Ace or a medium pair type hand when a 7 came on the turn.He made a donkey call with 77.I could have had quad Kings afterall.....Congrats to Aposec72 who took it down.

I hit the $16's ( 18 player) on Stars afterwards and could not seem to win a hand.Shoving AQ and being outdrawn by A10 on the bubble of one game summed it up and only winning the last game of the night saved it from being a complete nightmare.I now have just over 10 buy-ins left ( for $16's) on Stars and will stick at it until I build that back up or bust it.I actually prefer the 9 man $22's on Party but I'm a stubborn git and determined I can go back to raking it in at the $16's if only they would flick my doomswitch off.

Seeing the new lady in my life tonight and don't plan on hitting the felt.Back later in the week...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Monday, 18 May, 2009, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

Oooooo!

new lady in your life eh? There goes poker! ;-)

Hope it all goes well mate, well beter than the Stars Turbo's!!!

ATB

BM

 
At Tuesday, 19 May, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you "felting" her ??


at my advanced age, reading aboot other's exploits ....

Regards

dD

 
At Tuesday, 19 May, 2009, Anonymous Dave said...

Often an upturn in one's personal life can result in a positive change in fortune at the tables. You are happier and more relaxed. Good luck with it all!

 
At Wednesday, 20 May, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks BM.Even the turbos are looking up this week!

No details Dudley.Gotta think about your old ticker.

Thanks Dave.

 
At Thursday, 21 May, 2009, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Tell us more about the new lady!

Where did you meat her? Does she look like that blonde off Heroes?sse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document