Monday, May 11, 2009

Segal back on form...

Yesterday was tough.I picked up Step A as usual to give her a lift home from her Dads and the first thing she asked was "Where's Nacho?".I had to explain that her Mum had asked me to have him fulltime as they were moving in the summer.Step A said she was told any move was next year and tears followed.( I held mine until I'd dropped her off!)

I gave her a note with all my contact numbers/email and told her she could call me anytime 24/7 and that she could see Nacho anytime she wanted.The ex has been quite dismissive saying that Step A doesn't bother with the dog, but she's a teenager and I remember not walking/moaning about feeding our family dog Kim when I was her age and I loved that dog to bits.I'm seeing my date tonight, but may call the ex Mrs A and ask if I can take Step A to my Mum and Dads tomorrow night.

On the good news front the girl next door has offered to take Nacho out with her sisters dog who she looks after Mon-Fri and I'm also extremely grateful to WeeGem for his kind offer in yesterdays comments.( Great pics too,Lucky looks just like my old dog Kim) Hopefully Step A's Dad ( Nacho has stayed there when the ex and I went on holiday) will be an option too whenever I go away or want a night out.

It was great to catch up with some old( very old in Dudleys case as he's 142 yrs old) friends too this weekend.The S-man and I enjoyed Segal's "Pistol Whipped" ** and a fine Fear 2 session on Saturday night.Heard from The Big Chap,the San Jose Salmon,Bullmeister the happy claret and Dudley in the Bloggy chatbox!

** a fine return to form!

To the poker at last and congrats to Rubbish on taking down the Brit Blogger game last night on Full Tilt.Nice to see a British winner! I enjoyed the game despite making a donkey call with AJ v AK and crashing out eventually when fours hit a set v my tens.

I played some more $16's at Stars and didn't have a good session with only a couple of cashes preventing it being a total nightmare.Not much to write about really as I find it hard to get excited about winning or losing $100-$200 over one sitting as that's just how sng variance works.I will say that although the beats came thick and fast,playing less recently and feeling fresher did help me brush them off more easily.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, 11 May, 2009, Blogger rubbish said...

Thanks for the mention. Really enjoyed it last night as it was the first time on FT that all my good hands held up.
Good win for your boys on Sunday.
All the best.

 
At Monday, 11 May, 2009, Blogger rubbish said...

By the way, thought it was a Brit blogger tourney so what nationality normally wins? Guessing it's not only Brits that play?

 
At Monday, 11 May, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Rubbish and cheers for the best wishes re the football.( just keep yer hands off Boyd and Majid!)
The Brit Blogger has been running for a couple of years now.We got 40 (mostly Brits) at it's peak but the numbers faded so much it was hardly worth doing until Alcan'tHang made it part of the US blogger WSOP series, hence the numbers recently.Be great to see more Brit/Euro players though.

 
At Wednesday, 13 May, 2009, Blogger Nick said...

A Brit winner!! Wow.

Missed the last couple, but will be back this sunday (I've been a-grinding my arse off!)

 
At Wednesday, 13 May, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Good stuff Mr C.Catch you then..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document