Sunday, May 31, 2009

Monthly Stats


Rangers played poorly yesterday but still won the cup in the Hampden sunshine after Nacho Novo scored a peach of a goal just after half-time.I nearly missed the goal as I was looking for a steward in order to complain about the hot girl in front of me who insisted on distracting me from the game by flashing her skimpy thong every time she leaned forward in her seat.To say I was appalled would be an understatement...( and a complete lie obviously)

Later on after the game the s-man was over for a night of Pure and Motorstorm action on the PS3.I did hit the tables for an hour when he left and managed to go 0/5 in sngs at Party after the usual lost races,suckouts and running into Aces when I shoved.Standard stuff.

The WSOP seems to have come round far more quickly than usual this year.Perhaps that's because the main event winner was only decided in November of last year.I'm not a huge fanboy when it comes to who wins what, but I'll be following the action over at Hardboiled Poker and Tao of poker as usual this year.

I would love to play in the main event of the WSOP one day although for now I'll stick to far tougher tourneys like....this evenings Brit Blogger game on Full Tilt.
There's probably not been much ambition shown on this blog over the years.I never really expected to beat the low stakes cash games when I first started and certainly couldn't have dreamed I'd end up leaving cash games to be a sng tourney donk.Mtt's are the only side of No-Limit holdem I haven't given a proper go and I despite a good result in the $55 on Stars last July, I've barely played any since.Maybe big mtt cashes would make up for the variance but I think I prefer the psychological boost of cashing in roughly 1/3 or 1/4 sng games to going for long barren runs but cashing for bigger $$ in Mtt's.
My secret "If I got fired and had to play poker" plan used to be to try and get up to 8-12 tabling $16's, but I'm not sure I'll ever feel fully comfortable playing more than 3-4 tables at the one time.It's all talk of course until I prove it can be done but if I was forced by circumstances, I'd 3-4 tables the $22's and $33's on Party,hopefully make around $2-$3 per game,play 8 per hour for 6-7 hours per day and also make some $$ from cashing in frequent player points and from reload bonus's.
If I could up my gulp limit some more ( and failing to do that is probably one of my biggest poker problems) and had the right sized bankroll behind me,I'd also love to have a go at some $100-$500 sngs. ( or even higher)
When I watch highstakes cash game training vids I don't mind admitting I'm watching for entertainment value and most of time don't have a clue what I would do in the pro's situation.Sit and Go tourneys though are far less complex at any level and although there are less fish and more sharks as the stakes go up in sngs I'm still dumb enough to think I could cope if I wasn't overloaded with tables.
I'd simply play twenty $500 sngs per day at 3% roi for $300 profit and play 20 days per month.What could be easier than that?! I resign from work tomorrow!
Back to reality and here are my monthly stats.I'm pleased to have made a decent profit from around only about 150 sngs.I'll edit these later to reflect todays play but here goes for now..
Party $2303 ( +$386 profit and less $1k cashout),Pokerstars $536 ( + $70) Full Tilt $103 ( -$91)
Total $2942 ( + $365 profit for month)

Back soon and apologies as I don't know why there's a big blank space below this sentence or why it wouldn't let me separate this post into proper paragraphs!



































































2 Comments:

At Monday, 01 June, 2009, Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

That blank space is a place for your readers to contemplate their place in the universe.

Thx for the shout out. Actually thought of you last night while live blogging the $40K final table (no shinola), as evidenced by the title of the second post on this page: http://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-2/day4/page11.htm

 
At Monday, 01 June, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Shamus.Time to fire on the Floyd and get contemplating :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document