Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Motoring..

The S-man was over on Sat night and brought the excellent Clint Eastwood film "Gran Torino" with him.Sharp dialogue,a fine looking cast and the film wasn't bad either....

After the s-man hit the road I fired up some $16 18 player turbo's on Stars,eight tabled for a couple of hours and finished down about $100.As there are 14 players and usually two tables to negotiate before cashing, I think the 18 player games are slightly tougher emotionally than the 9 player games I've been playing at Party.I think I prefer cashing for a smaller win more often at the 9 player games as opposed to going on longer cashless stretches but winning more when I do get in the money at the multi-table sngs.This is maybe why I've never really given the 45/180 player turbo's much of a try despite their reputation as gold mines.

On Sunday evening I enjoyed playing in the final RaisetheRiver league game of this series.The prize was a trip to Paris and congrats to Snakeeyes on taking it down.I usually run terribly in blogger games and last night was no exception as I shoved the hammer ( 72) from the small blind into 88 and didn't hold up...

I enjoyed my day off yesterday,only played a few $22's at Party and had another winning session there,continuing my decent start to the month.Looking back over recent weeks I think playing in Dr Pauly's PLO game and cashing in 6th from 48 helped give my poker confidence a massive boost.I'm sure I got lucky to make that cash and as mentioned I was pretty dang clueless when it came to hand values, but I did feel in control when it came to stuff like game flow,stack sizes,blind levels,reading weakness and strength etc.

I'm trying to learn to always have that confidence in my game.I still find it hard to look at hands posted in forums and come to a conclusion as to what I would do as there are just so many factors you cannot possibly know without actually being in the hand.I only occasionally use sng power tools to check hand ranges/tough spots and I don't have sng whizz or spend very long reviewing my games.Maybe I should!

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon..

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 11 August, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after painting my zimmer frame white .... i forgot to take the fcuking thing :(

my roomie was the one who really needed it, he he he he

regards

theLurker

 
At Wednesday, 12 August, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh the old memory going too eh.No shame for a man in his late nineties.... ;-)

 
At Thursday, 20 August, 2009, Anonymous Online poker said...

It’s an important factor that an online poker player should play the online poker game in conformity with the game requirements to get a fine edge in the game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document