Monday, September 07, 2009

The Gambler

Hot Chick reckoned I was lovely ( is that the same as "nice"?!) but her ex had a gambling problem and she said she'd be a fool to risk putting herself in that situation again.I did try and explain how poker works when we met up, but obviously as far as outsiders are concerned it's just another form of gambling and gambling is for losers.

Perhaps I could have been more persuasive and made it clearer that I've been consistently crushing the game since I began and have recorded nearly $35k in net profit from low stakes play.

I did mention paying my car loan off back in January ( at which point she asked how much I lose) and that poker is people v people and not played against the house.I didn't want to spent our date talking poker though, and perhaps I didn't make enough of the fact that I only use my on line bankroll to play and that I'm skilled enough both at the game and with my bankroll management to never,ever require a fresh deposit.

All very frustrating, but perhaps as the chick flick says, she just wasn't that into me.( or not enough to get to know me well enough to realise I'm about as far from being a crazy gambler as it's possible to get)

To the weekend and the s-man was over on Friday night and my cousin Two Pies came over on Saturday to watch the Scotland game and for some PS3 action.Motorstorm Pacific Rift is still the game of choice and I was delighted to receive an email via my ps3 account which simply stated "Fuck you bastard" from a player I must have knocked off his bike by dishing out a swift punch.Sweet!

At the tables I'd dropped a couple of hundred Dollars over the last week before going on a decent run which included three wins in a row to leave me up a bit for Sept so far.I suppose a non poker player would be horrified at losing £120 in one week or even having £40-£50 in play at one time when 3-4 tabling.Winning players know their expected return on investment per game and that short-term results are not a factor.If only prospective dates knew that too....

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

2 Comments:

At Monday, 07 September, 2009, Blogger dD said...

nh gg but you lose.

even when i try to explain to my mrs regards "my" challenge, meh.

a very fine roi, if i may be so bold, sir

catch you soon

regards

dd

ps word verification "poppy" my my how apt *)

 
At Wednesday, 09 September, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yep,nhggfu indeed!

Cheers.Speak soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document