Friday, August 28, 2009

Decisions Not Results!

Ahhh Friday at last.My Ipod is now loaded with tunes,plays through my car stereo and I've even downloaded my first podcast from Hard Boiled Poker ( some great stories from the 1976 WSOP) and listened to it whilst walking round Glasgow at lunchtime yesterday.Of course my much loved work colleagues just had to pinch it out of my pocket and leave me sweating for hours thinking I'd dropped it.

I still haven't played much poker this week although I did get a further insight into the mind of a less than stellar player ( as it's my Mum I'm referring to I'll refrain from calling her a fish!) when I helped my Mum to a 3rd and a 1st in two $6.50's yesterday.Despite all I've told her in the past she still wants to limp behind or raise hands like QJ from early position.Folding AJ from under the gun early in the game seemed completely shocking to my poor Mother who nearly fell off her seat and gleefully pointed out that folding was wrong because a Jack came on the flop.It's about correct decisions not results! Grrr!

I explained about dominated hands and pointed out that folding crap hands allowed us to still be in the game to catch some decent cards later on and take down one of the games we played.

In our winning game one player was sitting out on the bubble and my Mum lacked any sense of knowing how to play the remaining stacks off against each other.For example once we'd made a couple of moves and built a reasonable chip lead another player raised preflop.We were in the small blind and the big blind was sitting out with almost zero chips left.Simple stuff like shoving all in and forcing the preflop raiser to fold or play for his tourney life when he is almost guaranteed to make the money didn't even cross my Mum's mind.

To be fair ( obv checked Sharkscope afterwards and not ingame) even most of the winning players at the table still had huge leaks in their games.It just makes it all the more frustrating that my Mum can't make a few basic adjustments and start beating the game.

Back after the weekend...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 29 August, 2009, Blogger Short-Stacked Shamus said...

Thx for checking out the show, man! Trying to pull together a new episode this weekend.

Also have a new 'net poker radio network looking to syndicate the sucker (perhaps). News to come.

 
At Sunday, 30 August, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Sir.Looking forward to the next one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document