Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Notta lotta Poka

I've taken a break from the virtual felt over the last couple of nights as I believe taking regular breaks helps keep me sane in the face of the wild swings and variance which are part of the game for any sng player.( I did play and cash in a couple of $22's on Sat night)

The trip down South went well on Sunday and we enjoyed a fine roast dinner for my uncles 60th followed by a few games of pool.I was also constantly checking my mobile for the update on the Ger's score and was delighted that we came back from 1-0 down with 10 men to win 2-1.That's why we're Champions!

I spoke to Hot Chick on the phone for the first time last night and we're going to meet up for lunch later this week/early next week.The call went well apart from when she said I spoke well and I tried to repay the compliment,nearly said she sounded posh, and then botched the rescue attempt by telling her she sounded like a news reader! Ahhh no wonder I'm using dating sites with chat like that...

In other exciting news ( not read by Hot Chick I hasten to add) I'm close to buying an Ipod Nano thingy to replace my gubbed car cd player.I would have preferred a Sony Walkman cassette player but no doubt I'll be ripping,burning with listening to far more podcasts very shortly....

Hmmm, what has got on my tits this week? Well I buy The Sun everyday to read on my ten minute morning break,mainly because I like the sport,the Striker cartoon and obviously Deirdrie's photo casebook.I don't pay much attention to the rest of it and get my news from The Times,Guardian,Mail online etc.I did happen to flick through The Sun though and caught the tragic story about Eastenders actress Samantha Janus's father being found hanged in his flat.Maybe it's just me but why the hell did The Sun not just use a standard publicity shot of her for the story instead of a pic of an obviously distraught and upset Ms Janus entering her fathers flat to clear out his belongings.Disgraceful.

Far more trivial but also annoying me this week are the police dog handlers on those "Cops with Camera's" type shows who give the dog some work to do and then say they have to give Fido a break in case the dog suffers from "nose fatigue".I'll need to bear that in mind when taking Nacho out.Nose fatique eh.Do I smell shite? Yes I do!

Ok,thanks for reading.Good luck to Arsenal in the 2nd leg of their Champions league game v celtc.If they beat Everton 6-1 at home recently surely 9 or 10-0 isn't too much to ask...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 25 August, 2009, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

which site did you use to meet the hot chick?

I hope it turns out well. Don't forget my dog hater experience from last year!

 
At Wednesday, 26 August, 2009, Blogger Mike Smith said...

Arsenal have two so far - with still 40 minutes to go as I type...

 
At Thursday, 27 August, 2009, Blogger badcallthat said...

Dont Buy The Sun! good luck

 
At Friday, 28 August, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

One of the main sites DF and thanks for the good wishes.No dog haters allowed!

8 or 9 would have been nice Mike but I was happy with 3-1 and a dodgy penalty :-)

If I could resist the photo-casebook or the latest news on Warbury I would stop buying it Badcall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document