Thursday, December 31, 2009

Have a Good One....

Other people dreams ( along with holiday photo's) are very boring so you may want to skip to the next blog at this point.My dream last night was a weird mix of being upset at it being 10 yrs since I met the ex Mrs A,running and gunning in Modern Warfare 2 and Sarah Connor advising there was a storm coming!

It does amuse me to think that if I could step into a time machine,go back ten years and then jump forward I'd be asking who the heck let in the black and white dog currently lying beside the radiator! I'm probably too reflective at times,pondering so many what ifs and different paths my life could have taken.I did have regrets when I split from the ex over me being too selfish,playing too much poker and smoking too much.I can look back now and also remember feeling bored,restless and stuck in a relationship which felt as if it had run it's course,perhaps because neither of us worked hard enough to keep it going.

I suppose there are regrets too because only one relationship since has come anywhere near the universes colliding,stars exploding feeling I had back at the start of the Millennium when I met the ex Mrs A.I'm certainly not putting the ex Mrs A on some kind of pedestal.She was sleeping with me last year whilst seeing the guy she's now moved in with down South.That and the shock that she was so willing to leave her 15yr old daughter behind to make the move almost make me wish I'd just gone home when I popped out for a takeaway a couple of days after we met ( we spent first week of 2000 in bed).

Of course knowing how strong my feelings were and the overall crappy outcome makes it harder to give up much emotionally again in a relationship.I'm certainly not convinced internet dating is the answer.Then again maybe I'm just too fussy these days and have no intentions of changing a lifestyle I actually quite enjoy.( despite occasional lonely moments) The last woman I met online was good looking,had a nice enough personality and was dirty as hell but there just wasn't that special spark between us.Earlier in the year I did try giving it a month or so in case those feelings came with time but the "I'm nuts about you" phonecalls she made to me at 1am made me realise I was never going to feel like that about her.

Anyway to far more important matters and congrats to Kris Boyd on beating the diving Martian's SPL scoring record after he bagged five last night in the 7-1 drubbing handed out at Ibrox to Dundee United.Let's hope he can repeat the dose on Sunday against the mutants.That's why we're Champions!

I'm visiting my sis tomorrow for drinks with her friends and the s-man is coming over on Saturday for our usual Call of Duty/ Motorstorm ps3 session before I go to the game on Sunday.

I did play six $22's last night and the plan for today is to grind some more and get back to newb tubing on Modern Warfare...

Thanks for reading and here's to a healthy,happy 2010!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Thursday, 31 December, 2009, Blogger Wildcat said...

Best of luck for 2010 :)

 
At Thursday, 31 December, 2009, Blogger Gavin said...

Hope you have a good year mate and start feeling alot better soon. Cheers for the advice you have given.
Gav

 
At Thursday, 31 December, 2009, Blogger ROSSI said...

all the best for 2010

 
At Friday, 01 January, 2010, Blogger dD said...

all the best .... sorry, who the fuck are you .... yes, yes, i know who sent the soup .... what the fuck do you mean by "chat ban" .... dirty ? ffs Nacho, give the man a fucking bath, yes Nacho, humans are soooo fucking smelly :)

regards ....

dD ....

aka .... whats senile mean ....

 
At Saturday, 02 January, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year!! Wish you the best in your life on and off the tables.

 
At Sunday, 03 January, 2010, Blogger Juice said...

"I suppose there are regrets too because only one relationship since has come anywhere near the universes colliding,stars exploding feeling I had back at the start of the Millennium when I met the ex Mrs A."

Im sure they boys at raise the river never knew you felt that way ;-)

Head up. Its a new decade.

 
At Sunday, 03 January, 2010, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Happy New Year Acorn!

I hope it brings you joy and happiness.

 
At Sunday, 03 January, 2010, Blogger Juice said...

"Happy New Year Acorn!

I hope it brings you joy and happiness"

What edge means to say is

"happy new year acorn!

I hope you give me your blinds, donk off your entire roll to me and are for ever sitting to the right of me at the table"

 
At Monday, 04 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks lads and Juice I was talking about my relationship with your poker bankroll...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document