Saturday, April 24, 2010

Simply The Best

With Rangers hopefully going to wrap up title number 53 this weekend, the supporters have been downloading Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" all week in an effort to get it to number one in the charts.Our rivals stole Liverpool's anthem years ago and are making a pathetic attempt to try and get it to number one instead.If you have any Gers leanings or you're not a fan of Neil "like me and you,he's a provo too" Lennon and his shitty team then get on to Itunes etc and get The Best downloaded!

On the subject of Rangers and celtc I read last week that there's talk in America of an Old Firm exhibition match being played in Boston.The article compared our rivalry to the Red Sox and the Yankees.Personally I don't think our American cousins would know what's hit them if they stage a Rangers v celtc game over there.Still,both teams need ther money at the moment so maybe it will happen.

To the poker and I didn't manage to keep up the grinding pace I set earlier in the week,mainly due to playing more Modern Warfare 2 until the wee small hours.After the 60 odd games from hell I posted about before I did manage to win about $400 over my next 60 before dropping about $80 yesterday over 8 games.Maybe the weed helps, but I still find it hard to hate on players who make poor calls.When my AK was scudded by some donk calling all in with K9 at level one blinds I could only think that it's hard enough to make money at this game when you play well and poor Mr K9 must be a huge loser overall.Here's hoping he went on to take it down,still thinks K9 is a great hand and will be back donating again soon!

Just watched Steve Davis ( now age 52) beat John Higgins in the World Snooker Championship.It's funny how things come full circle.Back in the 80's when he was winning six world titles,I used to always cheer for anyone playing against Steve "interesting" Davis and now I'm right behind the old legend and hope he can go on and make another final.I still piss my cousin off every time we play pool by celebrating like Dennis Taylor back in '85 when he beat Davis 18-17 on the final black.If you've never seen it and like sport I'd recommend watching the highlights of the final frame.Great stuff!

The final black ball from 3mins 30 onwards.One of the greatest sporting moments of all time.( just ahead of a fine 40 yard goal I scored for Clarkston Amatuers Under 12's back in the day....)




On the health front I finally get the scan done on my back this Tuesday and I'm going to see the works occupational health people next Friday.I intend to go back to work after my current line runs out in a couple of weeks although I've still not decided if I'll go back fulltime or 4 days per week.( assuming I'd be allowed to do so)

Righty,the s-man is coming over tonight for some more MW2 online gameplay and I'm popping across to my folks place to drop off the "In the Loop" dvd which arrived today from Amazon.I need to organise a van for next week as my folks are letting me have both their two seater leather couches next week when their new one arrives and the dvd is to say thanks.( yeah,cool story bro as the forum kiddies would say!)

Thanks for reading.I'll get The Bloggerment set up shortly.See you there....

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, 24 April, 2010, Blogger Gavin said...

Feckin 25 years since that snooker final. Class celebration.
Time gooes too fckin quickly imo.

 
At Sunday, 25 April, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

You've just made me feel much older.

Thanks a lot :(

 
At Sunday, 25 April, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post mate. Lovin the K9 summary and the celebration Sorry for doing your AQ in the Bloggy ;-)

 
At Monday, 26 April, 2010, Blogger dD said...

we arra people ! a few years ago i woulda been drunk fer a week ! now, its just a few ales and reality bites the next day lol

 
At Thursday, 29 April, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Agreed it's feckin' scary that 25 years have passed since that classic final.

No probs Bully...ya lucky fish :-)

A few ales Dudley? Ye mean nursey let you have an extra spoonful of cocco before bed? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document