Monday, April 05, 2010

Hard to Bear



The good news is that I finally put in some decent-ish volume at the tables and played thirty $22's last night.I even missed The Bloggerment as I was 4 tabling at the time but I reckon I'll be back next week.

The bad news is that I think I managed to take running badly to a whole new level and I'm now down 35 buy-ins over the last few weeks.I suppose I could look at it another way and say I've made about 15 cents per game over the last 730 games....

Wildcat
mentioned confidence being affected in the comments section of my last post and although a horrendous run does leave me second guessing myself at times, I've also played enough sng's to realise that seemingly impossible runs of coolers and awful beats will happen over a small sample size sometimes.

It's such a tough game at times.I tell myself that the next hand is a brand new one and logically it's completely unaffected by the last one and yet I just know my opponents going to hit his miracle card to beat me at the moment.It doesn't just seem to affect me when I'm in a hand.At one point during a long run of cashless games I was 2nd in chips with a decent stack on the bubble and one player had only a couple of hundred chips left.Thoughts of "well at least I'm going to cash here" were blown away by the shortstack continually doubling up with the worst hand and my QQ eventually losing to J7 when the fish rivered a Jack after a 7 fell on the flop.( that's the only bad beat story in this post from dozens last night!!)

I won't harp on anymore about how unlucky I was as I don't do the opposite on the nights I only play 6 games and win 3 for a nice profit.In fact I still get pissed off at whatever happened to knock me out of the 3 games I didn't win! It is only a game and should be enjoyable to some extent and I think part of the reason I've not played a lot recently is that it's just not bringing me any pleasure at all.I suppose having a good session and feeling like I've got over this downswing would be satisfying.I also know that the run I'm on is so insanely bad that there's no logical way it can continue for too much longer and that if I stick to my playing my best game profits will surely follow.

Just read this post by Spacegravy and feel a bit better about running badly.

Back soon...

4 Comments:

At Monday, 05 April, 2010, Blogger United113 said...

it's about having the self belief that you are a winning player to carry on grinding away. I haven't got that....

 
At Wednesday, 07 April, 2010, Anonymous JJ said...

Stick with it - self belief for me is what has kept me going and has allowed me to get through the bad times..

 
At Thursday, 08 April, 2010, Blogger Snake Eyes said...

You will crush again Acorn, I have no doubt mate.

 
At Thursday, 08 April, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I reckon you should United.You've been beating the game for long enough now mate!

Thanks JJ n Snakey.Hopefully things get back on track soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document