Sunday, March 07, 2010

Riding the Rush

I had a profitable night at the felt last night,winning nearly $400 and it felt good!

I played two sets of six sng's,mixing $6.50 + $12 45 player turbo's and 1300 hands of Rush poker ( mainly at $100nl).I managed to win another $6.50 game in my first set of six turbo's and cashed in a $12 in the other set to leave me scratching my head and wondering why I've never given these soft games more of a chance in the past.I recall playing about twenty 180 player $12 games ages ago without a single cash and being put off by that.I've always preferred the cashing more often for less approach offered by single table sit and go's as regular cashes help keep my poker psyche happy!

I'm definitely still getting to grips with differing payout structures and a few bubble and 9th place ( top 7 pay in 45 player games) finishes make me wonder if I'm pushing a little too hard for the win as I don't play to min cash in these games.The blinds get so high at the final tables that a couple of uncalled shoves with weak hands can quickly move me up a few positions and can give me the momentum to go on and take the game down.( or I look like an idiot for shoving J8!)

After a brief Modern Warfare interlude I hit the Rush tables,starting with 100 hands at $25nl and eventually racking up 450 at $50nl and 730 at $100nl.( all 6 max) I'm not going to count my FT roll as part of my bankroll as I'm far too nitty to take any shots with the rest of my bankroll.

Anyway for once I was the guy with AA v KK and the one busting big hands when I hit flops hard.It wasn't all plain sailing, but poker never is and I was enjoying myself so much I almost had to drag myself to bed just after 5am.

Here's one of my favourite hands of the night ( played at 4.41am so excuse my weird line in the hand!)and a a lesson in how not to play KK.Maybe it's just me but the raising/reraising here is just donktastic!



More COD planned for today before the Bloggerment and probably some more multi-table sng's later...

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 07 March, 2010, Blogger BurnleyMik said...

LOLOLOL! I thought it was limit holdem for a minute there! hahahaha.

Nice stackin of the feeesh!

BM

 
At Sunday, 07 March, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

LMAO at that hand.

Can't remember if I asked, what name are you on ft? Don't worry, I never play 6 max anyway so our paths are unlikely to cross ;)

 
At Wednesday, 10 March, 2010, Blogger Nick said...

Didn't know if I was watching poker or table tennis with that hand.
That was quality.

I'll be back in the Bloggerment this week - had a lot of stuff going on the last couple of weeks - so had to miss out.

 
At Friday, 12 March, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Yep that's how you raise/reraise a hand!

WC: Acornman on FT mate though I'm not including my small FT roll as part of my main roll so I can take some shots with it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document