Thursday, March 04, 2010

Nailed

The s-man was over the other night when the Playstation network was down.With no Modern Warfare on offer we watched a couple of movies and even had to make conversation at times...

The first one we watched was a Chanwook Park film, "Oldboy".I was expecting a Liam Neeson "Taken" type film and didn't even realise it was going to be subtitled until it began.It was nothing like "Taken" or any Hollywood movie I've seen and I'd highly recommend it.For a complete change of pace we watched "Bruno" next and although I didn't think it would be much good,it was actually very funny and at times it was hard to spot what was real and what was staged.

"Clock end to return to Arsenal" was one of the sports headlines yesterday as they plan on bringing the old Highbury clock to the Gooners new stadium.I had to laugh at one of the Rangers message boards suggesting a similar "Bell end returns to Spurs" headline when Keanes loan spell at the midden.

Also like this one from the Herald diary:

A reader tells us: “I was driving past Celtic Park this morning and I saw nine season ticket books nailed to the gates and I thought, ‘I’m having them’.
“You can never have enough nails."

On the poker front I've come up with another top excuse as to why I've not put in much volume recently.I seem to spend most of the week waiting for a call from my manager at work.Sometimes she is returning my call and at other times I'm simply waiting for her weekly call to check on my progress.I do not want to be in the middle of a set of sng's when the phone rings as it would just be burning money.

I did play some more $6.50,45 player games last night and this time I took a couple down and managed to get my 45 player stats into profit after a horrible run at them during the RaisetheRiver challenge.I was only 4 tabling as I was also watching Scotland win 1-0 v the Czechs in Craig Leveins first game in charge.The $6.50's are incredibly soft and I'll be adding a few more $12's to the mix in my attempt to finally give multi-table sng's a real go.

Just back from physio and it went well with a few more new exercises to keep me stretching the right muscles.Time to hit the COD before Nacho and I head over to visit my folks later.

Back soon..

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 04 March, 2010, Blogger TripJax said...

Oldboy is one of my faves. The subtitled is much better than the dubbed.

 
At Thursday, 04 March, 2010, Blogger Big Grey Man said...

Oldboy's a legendery film, one of the finest twists one's witnesed sir.

 
At Thursday, 04 March, 2010, Blogger Juice said...

old boy is messed up man. MESSED UP!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document