Friday, February 12, 2010

Bloggerment on Sunday



You're Mum's so fat that when she fell down the stairs people thought Eastenders had finished.

Your Mums house is so dirty the vacuum cleaner has mudflaps.

Enough of the "Your Mum" jokes..

I went out for dinner last night before coming home to play some MW2 and a few games of poker.A second place finish in the last of just three games played helped make up for the mistakes I made which saw me dumped out of the first two games.

In the first game I called a tight players shove with 88 as I reckoned the blinds were high enough for him to start opening up his shoving ranges.He showed JJ. For my second piece of donkery I shoved my 1700 stack in the middle with 89s over two limpers at 100/200, hoping to either pick up the dead money if they folded or at worst have two live cards and the chance of adding a decent chunk of chips to my stack.I had not played one hand previously and had hoped that would give me some fold equity.It would be easy to blame the loose fish for snap calling with A10 given the circumstances, but he had a vpip of 67%, a high cold calling % and if the fish don't do what I expect of them then it's my fault for not reading them correctly.

I did see a few minimum raises in those games and that got me thinking about how the meaning of the min raise has changed as the game moves on.When I first began playing over 5 yrs ago a min raise was the move of the donkey.It's developed into more of a trappy move these days to try and look weak and induce a shove.To move it on further I'm sure there are other players like myself who try and throw in the occasional min raise as a strong looking blind steal when I don't actually have a decent hand at all.

Staying ahead of the curve and mixing things up is important if you don't want to make your game completely transparent to other sng regs.There is a kind of perceived wisdom that if someone shoves a 10bb stack or more then they can't have AA/KK because they would make a smaller raise seeking to get action.As the blinds get high I quite like insta-blasting AA/KK ( mixed in with some min-raises,2.5bb raises and even occasional limps) as it helps balance up the occasions where I'm shoving with rags too.


Back soon..

2 Comments:

At Friday, 12 February, 2010, Blogger United113 said...

Staying ahead of the curve and mixing things up is important if you don't want to make your game completely transparent to other sng regs.

absolutely right...

 
At Saturday, 13 February, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers mate.Nice brag post btw! :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document