Friday, January 29, 2010

Question Time



Aghh ,hit the publish button by mistake! Apologies if you read this post on a reader before I deleted and tried again!

Not much going on this week.I did receive a vaguely threatening letter from my workplace asking that I get in touch to arrange a meeting with the head honcho re their concerns about my fitness and "potential ability to carry out your work".I also had a call from my new manager who tried to assure me the letter was standard.I'll speak to the Union before calling the boss on Monday.I still have a painful lump at the base of my back and will probably pay for my own ultra-scan if I don't get an appointment card through from the NHS very soon.My new manager also mentioned they are offering everyone a years salary to leave again and I suppose taking that would be a last resort if I can't get fit and it looks like they're going to fire me.

To the poker and after a good start playing Rush poker my AK fell to 1010 and my JJ lost to AK to set me back a couple of $50 buy-ins.I did manage to claw most of that back late last night,playing 400 hands before bed.

Here's a quick Pokertracker Hud question for my more techie readers.On Stars if I fire up four sngs and start the HUD I have to sit in the seat Stars allocates me as the HUD stats don't move if I change seat.If I do move everyone has someone else's stats showing instead of their own.It's possible to right click and move the stats manually to the correct player but that's an awful lot of messing around when 4 tabling.Any ideas anyone?

On the subject of techie stuff the Blogger format allows videos to be posted.My Mum sent me an audio file ( amr. if that means anything) of my new nephew/nieces heartbeat and I keep getting an error message when trying to post it here.None of my family read my blog ( though I did give my sister the url a while back)and I realise it's of no interest to readers but I'd love to somehow embed the file into a post to keep.I don't do guest posts but I like the idea of giving my forthcoming relative an early start in the blogging world! Again,any ideas appreciated!

Other answers my knowledgeable readers may know? Does anyone know whatever happened to Surflexus of the DearPokerdiary blog? He's not posted since Aug '08 and I've been wondering about his absence for a while now.He played a few Brit Blogger games back in the day and used to comment regularly here and on other blogs. I nearly asked Kat ( also a Canadian blogger) at last weeks Bloggerment table, but I thought I'd look like an idiot if I'd missed any really bad news etc! ( hope not obviously)

It looks like I may have to set my alarm for an early start this Sunday to cheer on Andy Murray in his Aussie Open Final v Federer.He's in the best form of his life at the moment and although beating the greatest tennis player of all time won't be easy I reckon the wee lad from just up the road can do it! Gaun yersel Andy!

Righty I'd better get back to the poker tables and try and earn enough to let me keep up with my latest addiction.Honestly do yourself a favour reader and treat yourself to some Silver Needle white tea.I get it from Adagio and have just placed another order.The taste is a dream,it's benefits are incredible and it's guaranteed to make you run better at da pokers.

I'm off to brew up.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, 29 January, 2010, Blogger United113 said...

can't help you about the HUD. Have similar problems, on Boss when the HUD comes on it covers all the action buttons apart from check and i can't move it. So it's great being able to see all the player info, but all i can do is check anyway....

 
At Friday, 29 January, 2010, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I think he just got tired of the Blogging thing maybe.. I know he was doing a lot of live games but not sure what he is up to exactly. I will let you know if I find out.

 
At Saturday, 30 January, 2010, Blogger Juice said...

is this the answer?

http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=80259

 
At Saturday, 30 January, 2010, Blogger dD said...

fuck me ! you are getting sentimental in yer auld age, are you not ?

oh come on, Silver Needle .... tastes like a dug likking pish aff a nettle !!

:)

 
At Saturday, 30 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

United: If it's PT3 you can right click and drag the stats away.Just a pain in the arse when it's four tables full of names/stats to drag!

Waffles:You're probably right.Hope all well with him anyways.

Juice: Who would have thought to read the Blogger instructions? Not feckin' me eh! Cheers for that mate.I should have a link to the worlds youngest poker blogger in my next post :-)

Dudley:Sentimental? Aye,probably but may aswell use the blog for something useful for once!

As for the tea if I'd said it was a Special Brew** you wouldn't be slagging it off ;-)

** for anyone not familiar with da special brew, just google it.Definitely more Dudley's cup of tea!

 
At Saturday, 30 January, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Acorn, re your other post thing, i would add you so we could play COD2 online but i play on the XBOX and its edge's brothers- Wait till you get to the special ops where you have to kill 10 juggernaughts- Its hell. J

 
At Sunday, 31 January, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

Acorn, how are you finding the Rush Poker on FT? I had a go at it for the first time yesterday and I'd be interested to know what you thought of it, especially as regards tactics etc.

All the best.

 
At Sunday, 31 January, 2010, Blogger BWoP said...

From what I've heard, he's still around. Just not blogging / playing blogger tournaments online. I'm pretty sure he still plays in a home game with some of the bloggers tho.

 
At Sunday, 31 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Wildcat: I wrote up a post on Rush at 3am last night after reading your comment.If any of it actually makes sense I'll get it posted early next week mate.


Cheers BWOP.Good to hear Surf's still around and playing da pokers!

 
At Sunday, 31 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh that's a shame J.Get yourself a ps3! I've only had a wee go at the Special Ops.The online play is too addictive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document