Thursday, January 14, 2010

Are you Neville in disguise?

I was back at the Docs yesterday for a further 3 week sick line and a referral to get an ultra-sound scan done on my back.This means I'm going to miss the upcoming RTR meet which is annoying, especially as I would have had tons of spending money after remortgaging my flat and placing all the money on Gary Neville to become Burnley manager.Gary certainly looks a little older,fatter and seems to have changed his name to Brian, but I have faith in Bullmeisters tips and I'm sure the Neviller will remove his Brian mask in time for the bookies to pay out...

On the poker front I've been on a 15-20 buy-in downswing over the last few days and this has left me up only a couple of hundred dollars since the start of November.Running horribly isn't nice but I've been playing long enough now to be able to pretty much take it in my stride and not get too deflated.

To help relieve some of the frustration ( I'm not going to pretend losing 20 buy-ins doesn't affect me at all) I played a $6 turb and tried out a looser more aggressive early game strategy.For stats geeks I ran at 45 vpip/25 pfr over 24 hands and quickly built up a stack, only to lose it when my JJ fell to A8 V the other big stack donkey.Good fun though!

The s-man was round the other night and was on the phone to his sister who has just had a baby.The s-man asked if BA had visited her yet.I found it funny to think his Mum would have been about the same age as we are now when she gained that nickname for her futile efforts to tame the S-man.I blame Al Eleven although for some reason I'm sure she thought I was the main bad influence! Even funnier that the s-man and his sis still call her by her A-Team name instead of Mum! ( well I think so anyway!)

How bad an influence was I? SWIM ( Someone who isn't me!) recalls SWITSM ( Someone who isn't the s-man) visiting their workplace ,Texas Homecare ( now Homebase),and running amok,taking drinks from the pantry,playing pool in the canteen and making daft tannoy announcements all whilst so high on speed their jaws were locked for about a month.

Between daft episodes like that and SWIM driving over the cats eyes in the middle of a dual carriageway to try and keep a straight line as SWIM had taken some fine double dip strawberry acid tabs and was yelling about how this is just like scalextrixs...

Ok,thanks for reading and don't forget to register for this weeks Bloggerment on Stars at 9PM and for the RaisetheRiver PLO game kicking off at 8pm.( password:snowing)

4 Comments:

At Thursday, 14 January, 2010, Blogger John said...

Haha!

I was looking at the betting on the weekend and couldn't believe it when I saw red nev as 6th or 7th favourite for the job. Hopefully Gary will take his mask off soon, we can't really have Brian Laws as manager, it's a wind up surely!

 
At Friday, 15 January, 2010, Blogger United113 said...

Thanks for those DON stats the other day, appreciate it

 
At Saturday, 16 January, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to make something abundantly clear to you regarding BA.... IT WAS YOUR FAULT!!!!!

I am an angel....

SJ Salmon... or as BA would refer to me "that nice guy Mark"

 
At Sunday, 17 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

John: lol,I've a horrible feeling Laws isn't going to keep you in the EPL.Hope I'm wrong on that one.

United: No probs mate.

SJ Salmon: Aye and butter wouldn't melt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document