Monday, January 11, 2010

Playing with the Pro's

I played two private tourneys on Stars last night.The first was The Bloggerment and it was good to see my mate Al Eleven taking stacks with rags as usual! ( though I do recall running a fine hammer bluff on him) He messaged me later to say he'd won and I wasn't surprised!

About 1/2hr in I also began the Float the Turn league game and had one hell of a tough table to contend with.John Dayton,Hot Jenny,Party Hair and other Super Nova 5 Star guys who talked of polyphasic sleep cycles to ensure they are sharp enough for 16 hour online poker sessions were my competition.Party Hair was chatting about 50 tabling ( yes that's playing 50 games at the same time!) and playing 130 $38-$60 games in one session which I found pretty mind blowing.He also mentioned he'd dropped $2k over the last hour and lol'd at his chances of winning a coin flip.Made me feel better about donking out the $5 blogger game! Other guys at my table were playing 24 tables alongside the league game.Yeah just the 24 tables.Pussies!

I reraised a couple of blind steals early on to try and send the message that I wasn't going to be pushed around and I felt I managed to hold my own most of the time.After the break I had just under 2k and had folded instead of pushing when folded to me a couple of times to try and keep up a tight image in order to steal when required.With the blinds at 75/150 and just over 10bb left I shoved J8d from the small blind and ran into the big blinds KK.Baaaa!

Reading their chat about real grinding made me realise once again just what a small fish I am in a huge pond.What also struck me is that even when at the PCA ( Pokerstars tourney in the Bahamas)these guys are still grinding the tables for hours and hours.( I'd be on the beach!)

Anyways I fired up six $22's on Party and won about $50 before bed.I did go to bed feeling inspired by the pro's and intended getting up today and trying to grind solidly for 4-5 hours instead of surfing the net and watching crappy day-time tv.I've not started yet...but I will!

There's a thread on Raisetheriver re making The Bloggerment a PLO game one week and I'd be interested to read any comments on that.I mentioned it to Mr Cloud in the chat last night and we both feel the PLO format just wouldn't attract enough players.( we've averaged about 13 over the last few weeks playing No Limit)

Back soon...

5 Comments:

At Monday, 11 January, 2010, Blogger rubbish said...

50 tabling. Jeez, I can't one table for 50 minutes.

 
At Tuesday, 12 January, 2010, Blogger _Kronsdat said...

Can't say I fancy the Omaha in the Blogger - I've no idea how that goes. Still I dare say WeeGem would be pleased to see the back of me - I really seem to have the indian sign on him at the moment.

Like you, I really couldn't be bothered multi-tabling SnG's. I know I could do it profitably, but I'd rather just sit and read for the first 40 minutes and then concentrate a bit in the "second half". I'm a recreational player and don't need a 2nd job thank you!

 
At Thursday, 14 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

re the multi-tabling I know these guys use keyboard shortcuts etc to speed things up which may help a bit.I've still no idea how they manage 12+ tables...!

Krons:The Bloggerment will go ahead as usual.There's a PLO game being arranged for 8pm.( details on RTR)

 
At Saturday, 16 January, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"taking stacks with rags" maybe... but I would like to state for the record I never put all my money in when I was behind.. Example BM had JQ sooted post my raise and I called his all in with the daddy.. When I was only gambling 30% of my stack on it... I played like a GOD in the last tourney and I ask anyone to challenge me for a donk move post flop....

Like my murphy's....

 
At Sunday, 17 January, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Al Eleven:I still feel you lack confidence at the table :-))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document