Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Nephew/Niece!

Yeah,yeah I'm a sentimental old git! There is a poker connection though.If you download my baby nephew/nieces heartbeat and say the words "Rush Poker" aloud,the heartbeat speeds up dramatically! Click on the post title to download. Thanks again to Juice for the help with how to post it.

My only responsibility as a prospective Uncle so far is to buy a Moses basket.All good as long as it doesn't need assembling in any way as I couldn't put a nut in a monkeys mouth!

Ok,no poker to write of today so here are a couple of cracking letters sent into the Sunday Post ( average reader age aprox 74).First up is someones very own Shawshank tale complete with a plot twist...

Tears
Your story about the Fife mine disaster reminded me of when I was a lad in Yorkshire. Sweets were scarce, but every Friday the father of one of our pals called at a sweet shop and bought sweeties for his son to share out. It was the treat of the week and we so looked forward to it. However, one Friday we were all waiting outside our friend’s house when he came out crying — his father had been killed under a collapsed roof. Sweets were the last thing on our minds — we were all in tears.

R. Frost, Blackpool.

Most of the "funny story" letters sent in to the Post are so unfunny they actually raise a smile.Here's Gilberts side splitting letter..

When my grandson said he was bored, off the cuff I said, “I’m half board”. My wife then said, “I’m full board”, followed by my son who proclaimed he was sideboard. My daughter joined in next declaring she was cardboard. By this time my grandson was no longer bored and we all had a good laugh.

Gilbert Brown, Leeds

The Sunday Post letters are genuine ( though I reckon R Frost is a lying old tosser) unlike the legendary Viz letters page...

According to Nietzsche, "That which does not kill me makes me stronger". I'm sure my grandad would not agree. He suffered a series of massive strokes in the early '90s which have left him an incontinent vegetable for the past 12 years.

A Thorne, Sandbach


They say "you can't judge a book by its cover". What nonsense. The last edition of High School An@l that I bought featured a young lady stuffing a big one up her bomb-bay on the front page, and this turned out to be an excellent indication of the contents.

Mark Roberts

"One pound a week will supply water for an entire village in Tanzania" says Oxfam. So how come United Utilities charge me twenty pounds a month for my three bedroom semi? The fleecing b@st@rds!!!

Tracey Cusick, Cumbria


The 2+2 forum has a lot to answer for too.Who would have thought this song could be so addictive and who knew that horses tasted of raisins...

Back soon with another Rush poker post....

Labels: , , ,

Link

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 31 January, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liked that one by 'Mark Roberts'!

s-man

 
At Tuesday, 02 February, 2010, Blogger dD said...

Robbie Keane is to return to Spurs tomorrow.Apparently, his loan was only to the end of Celtic's season
*)

 
At Wednesday, 03 February, 2010, Blogger Mr Origami said...

I was going to leave a comment but I need to get my arse round to Gilberts house.....sounds like its a fun time not to be missed over there!!

 
At Wednesday, 03 February, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

lol Dudley.Loved monkeyheid saying they would just take it on the chin..again!

www.takeitonthechin.net

Yeah Mr O,best be quick.Gilberts place sounds like the place to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document