Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Monkey Business



Congrats to Juice for taking down The Bloggerment on Sunday and and congrats to the double glazing company Mr Cloud may have to employ to re glaze his home after he knocked Rosie out with Ace rag!

My short term memory is terrible, but I'm pretty sure I crashed out first and will have to spend the rest of the week trying to stop Nacho from eating the monkey!

Once again I've played far more Modern Warfare 2 than poker over the last few days and it was great to hook up with Everton Yorkie and kick some ass.( though I got mine handed to me when he was in the other team!)

The poker I have played has gone reasonably well despite the usual suckouts.It's funny how I write sensible stuff about variance,know that it's a game of small edges and yet still have to fight the nagging feeling that nobody else has my bad luck at the felt.Fight it I do because one of the secrets to winning at poker having a realistic view of luck and how it works.

I played just three sng's the other night and banked a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd place finish, giving me a profit of about $140 for 1/2 hours work.Three games at a decent 10% roi would be a profit of nearer $7 and yet I was still thinking about how that 3rd place could have been a win if I'd won with my AJ v 52 o/s and what could have happened if my Aces hadn't been cracked by 77 in the 2nd place game.I suppose I just hate losing and part of the secret to keeping your sanity in poker is appreciating just how often you will lose hands/sessions even if you are winning overall.

I've deleted a few blogs I used to link to as they have been dead for a while.If I've removed yours by mistake or you make a comeback then let me know and I'll be happy to add your blog to my roll again.I'm also happy to swap links with any genuine blog so drop me a comment or email if you want to take me up on that.

Back soon...

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, 24 February, 2010, Blogger RP1973 said...

All your blog links are missing mate, and if you've deleted mine i've returned from the blue yonder so re link plz!!!!
Quick question do plays stars or party for your sng's i can never remember!!!

 
At Wednesday, 24 February, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

All of them? I can still see them!Didn't delete yours $1k man as I saw you'd posted again recently.

Mainly Party these days for sngs although I'll still play on Stars occasionally.

 
At Wednesday, 24 February, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot all about the bloggerment again sorry!! Just catchin up with your blog mate and just lovin the sweet lemonade!!!


Bully.

 
At Thursday, 25 February, 2010, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Aha,another getonmyhorse.com addict! Nice one Bully!
Gotta love that Horse Pop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document