Saturday, February 27, 2010

If You Want to Sing Out,Sing Out!



Started physio yesterday and it went well.I've got a load of exercises to do and have been given some good advice on controlling the pain and reducing the lump on my back.I've got the Docs on Monday,more physio on Thursday and the small matter of a Rangers v celtc game at Ibrox before that at lunchtime tomorrow.

The hype has been building all week for the worlds biggest football derby and as is usually the case when celtc are behind in the league, they have been blaming the referee's.Unbelievably celtc fc have never been fairly beaten since they were formed back in 1888.Sarcasm aside, their permanent victim mentality when the majority of the Scottish media pander to their every whimper is quite pathetic and I hope we crush them tomorrow.For anyone wondering why I refer to them as celtc, it's in tribute to the celtic fans who made a banner in support of their team and were too thick to spell their own club's name correctly.

I caught up with Al Eleven ( aka the Miami Trout/San Jose Salmon/Connecticut Cod) late last night and hats off to both him and his Mrs for planning to get up to watch the game at 6am in the US.We also played a couple of games of poker and Al was on top form ,taking down the $16 ,18 player game.He's also back in Glasgow in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to catching up properly.

I also finally got round to watching "Harold and Maude" ( a cult classic film from 1971) and although the pace was a little slow at times,I stuck with it and I'm glad I did as it has some of the funniest and most poignant scenes I've seen in a long time.I've still got "Oldboy" and "Sexy Beast" to watch on dvd and I've a feeling they might be a slightly different kettle of fish.



There was a story in my local paper about a drugs bust which made me smile this week at the defence agents comments.The police raided a house at 8am and a man and his girlfriend were arrested.The man was done for supplying drugs and his lady for resisting arrest.Her "agent" said in court that she was a first offender."When the officers entered the house she was sleeping on the couch partially clothed.She was very surprised and upset and had behaved inappropriately by struggling with officers.She conceded she could have dealt with the situation in a better manner".Of course her agent is obviously going to imply that the poor girl leapt up in shock,clasped her hands together and declared "Oh my,this is a surprise".

Reading on though, it transpires that as a result of her struggle a woman police officer fell through a glass coffee table.I'd venture that the truth is that our poor surprised female defendant went completely ballistic,shouting,screaming and hitting out as she fought with the police and injured the lady officer.

Her man got 32 months and the Sheriff only fined the girlfriend £450 as he "accepted what had been said on her behalf and that she was a first offender"! She's pictured in the paper actually wearing a police hat too.Perhaps they should go back and do her for impersonating a police officer...

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 27 February, 2010, Blogger Wildcat said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at that banner :D :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document