Friday, August 10, 2012

40 and Counting....

I mentioned the vid my Dad emailed me and decided to post it.This may be a public blog but it's my personal diary too so don't bother clicking the youtube thing unless you want to see 16 day old Acorn ( yes my Mum was in Hospital for 16 days after I was born) being brought home for the first time set to the old "Our Tune" music!

Yes I finally made it to the big 40 on Monday and went clothes shopping with my folks and then out for dinner with them and my sister.The highlight of the day was being asked if I had a student card in a clothes shop, although so far all the friends I've mentioned this to reckon the shop assistant must have had a white stick and a guide dog!

While at the shops I bouught a book called "My first thousand words" for my wee nephew.It amused me no end that on flicking through the book one of the words was "customs officer".Ok,so it's two words but why does any two year old need to know learn that?!




Two Pies was over last Sunday night and I hit the tables as usual.I'd taken Monday off work for my birthday so I registered for about 20 tourneys and included a few shots at $44's and $55's.The pain from my $55,$160 Gtd exit hand ( below) has almost gone now but it was very frustrating to finish 224th from thousands for $131 when the big money was just around the corner.



Here's a sexy wee AQ from another game....


Not much else going on this week.I did get an email out of the blue yesterday from the ex girlfriend I was engaged to 20 yrs ago and met up with last March.It simply asked if I was still single and subsequent emails/texts have been about how unhappy she is in her relationship and how she could use cheering up.That suits me fine as I don't think I really want to get back together with her but if she wants to jump my bones who am I to argue.Her man sounds like a total prick so I certainly wouldn't feel any guilt about it! She certainly knows the way to my heart though.When I mentioned being asked for a student card in that shop she replied "wow you don't look 40,no wonder you got asked for id".Couldn't agree more.....

I mentioned a while ago I've never really watched many of the mainstream HBO boxset type series.Well I've finally finished "The Shield" and would highly recommend it to anyone.I intend to go back to "The Wire" too and start off from where I left off at the end of series 2.That will have to wait though as I bought season one of "Breaking Bad" and after two episodes I'm hooked.It certainly lives up to the hype.

Time to walk Nacho and hit the tables.Back soon....

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, 10 August, 2012, Anonymous Rosie said...

You went clothes shopping with your mum & dad! ok! :)

Breaking bad is great isn't it? I'm stuck on series 2 episode 2 and I'm too scared to go any further. Yes, I'm a wuss :)
If you get a free trial of netflix you can get 3 series. And you can get hopeless hooked on all 93 episodes of the US version of The Office too :(

 
At Saturday, 11 August, 2012, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ha,yeah it doesn't get much more wild and crazy than that!

Funny you say that about being scared to go further.I remember the end of series 5 of The Shield being so stunning I had to take a 2 week break before starting on the next season.

Thanks for the Netflix tip.I'll maybe give that a go.

 
At Saturday, 18 August, 2012, Blogger Juice said...

Happy Birthday Acorn! The shield is great. Season 6 isnt very good but season 7 is great and the series finale is one of the best of any series! brilliant. As for the wire. What are you waiting for!

P.s hello rosie!

 
At Saturday, 18 August, 2012, Blogger Juice said...

I got breaking bad for my Bday. havent started it yet. My flat mate said its great though. Im watching community and sons of anarchy at the mo. You might like them! going shopping with the parents eh? explains alot :-)

 
At Sunday, 19 August, 2012, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Juice.No need for you to shop with your parents to manage to look like they still dress you every day eh mate ;-)

No spoilers but I loved the end of The Shield! Brilliant tv.I'll definitely be back to The Wire but Breaking Bad has me hooked for now!

 
At Monday, 20 August, 2012, Blogger Juice said...

maybe so but then i have a very stylish family! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document