Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Great Laydown Pre-flop?

Made it 10 winning ring sessions in a row after playing and crashing ( thats crashing not cashing sadly) in 3 $5 sng's.9th,5th and 4th. Bankroll sits at $1088.

Played strange hand where I held AsJs and when 2 players checked to me on a flop of 8h Ks 6s I bet $3 with my flush draw and was check raised to $9.I called that and called his $13 on the turn ( 2c) as I thought that the $13 bet was not one he wanted called.When a harmless 7d came on the river he checked and so did I and my AsJs beat his 3s 4s for $22 net.

Now to my laydown.Possibly the hand where I won big with AA against QQ,JJ and 1010 was playing on my mind but I still think I made the right move.

I had QQ and UTG raised $2.This was called by one other but instead of reraising to see where I was I called and a player I hadn't seen play any pots in my short time at the table raised $12.
Folded round to me.My logic was that it had been raised and called in 1 place and then reraised by 12 * bb after I had called. At .25nl I would have probably called or reraised all in but when a player reraises like that I had to put him on AA or KK and if I'd called his $12 and the flop had come low cards I could have been throwing a lot of cash away on the remaining streets.

I always find it hard laying down a good hand and I was kicking myself for not reraising instead of just calling but luckily the session turned out ok in the end.

Very hot here today.28c is by far the hottest day of the year so I finished early ( 4pm) and came home to catch some sunshine.
Scotlands not a very warm country so we've got to make the best of it.When I was in Egypt last year the guide who took us on the desert tour told us that it got very cold at night. "Minus 2 or 3 ?" I asked. "12 or 13c" he replied. Oh how we laughed.( thats a summers day here!).

Ok its my sisters birthday tomorrow ( 30th!) so going up to my Mum and Dads for dinner.Just need to get her a present...

I really enjoyed http://www.gcox25.blogspot.com/ top 50 list and will give it a go soon if I can think of 50 interesting points to come up with! Watch this space...

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 12 July, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Hey bro,
Thanks for the shout out. I was just doing something that I've seen many other bloggers do. Glad you enjoyed it.
When you do your own list, just start typing. Don't worry about being interesting or funny, that's where the charm in this is. Be yourself.
Later.
GaryC

 
At Tuesday, 12 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Gary.Looking forward to giving it a go.
cheers

 
At Friday, 15 July, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hi Boss.You're right about JJ.If thats what he had then well done to him for pushing me out the hand.
Hope not though :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document