Wednesday, August 17, 2005

BB Trick

Picked up a tip from watching the Poker channel ( 226 on Sky).The co-presenter said that he likes to raise from the BB if several players limp in no matter what he's got.Not every time obviously but often enough to increase his bb/hr rate.

I only played for an hour last night at Interpoker but I tried the move several times successfully.I raised 5 * the BB.Even when I got one caller a decent postflop bet scared him off.

I actually finished down $10 through a suckout but I'm not complaining because compared to Pokerroom the standard of play is awful. I saw someone call a $13 raise ( 6 max .50-$1 nl) with 47 soooted.He made 2 pairs and beat JJ.

Another player reraised all in with K 10 for $90 when he made TPGK on the flop.A set or 2 pair and he's down a stack.

I know high cards win more pots at 6 max but kickers didn't seem to matter with people building huge pots with top pair crap kicker.

Interpokers not a bad site either.If only you could see what your opponent had when he loses a river showdown.The hand log doesn't show that.Also unlike Pokerroom the pot total is not shown until the end of the betting round but thats only a minor gripe.

Picked up the car last night and its running like a dream.They fixed the bonnet catch too so I was able to top up the oil for the first time in months.It feels far faster than it was before.I'm not a boy racer ( anymore) but I do like to put my foot down now and then and with a 0-62 mph time of 7.3 secs my car can shift when required.

I'll need to be careful about speedtraps although I've heard that painting your number plate with clear nail varnish prevents the cameras from capturing your reg number.Hmmmmm.
Read in my local paper about drivers being prosecuted for driving at 50mph in a 30mph zone.Nothing unusual about that except that it was between 3am and 5am they got caught.Not by camera but by traffic police with radar guns.What a joke.The roads are dead at that time and to me its just the motorist being an easy target again.

Call them out because there's wee neds hanging around drinking and being abusive and you wont see them for hours but break the speed limit on a wide open road in the early hours and you're suddenly a criminal.

I suppose like many jobs even the police have targets and if this tactic makes their stats look good then who cares about the stupidity of it.

It may be only Wednesday but I'm looking forward to the weekend already. The first Old Firm match of the season is at Ibrox this Sat and I'm getting butterflies already just thinking about it.
Champions V Losers. Its a 12.30pm kick off so I'll have time to get back to EK for the junior game V Shettleston. Strange going from a game with 50,000 people going absolutely mental to a game where the crowd will be one man and a dog but I love the contrast.

Well Nacho ( my dog) is in for a shock in a few weeks.Its his first birthday and to celebrate he's getting the chop.I've told Mrs A I don't mind dropping them off at the vets but I'm not going to be there when he comes out.I don't want to be the first one he sees after an op like that.He's starting to do "rude things" to the legs of small children according to Step A so its about time his ardour was cooled!

Breaking news......seeing the words "breaking news" on my tv screen during news programmes is starting to annoy me.It started on Sept 11th 2001 as far as I remember and on that day and other terrible days like it I can understand the news companies using it but to me its now an overused hook to try and pretend that something big has gone down and you must pay attention.A cat getting stuck up a tree seems to be "Breaking news" these days and requires a large red banner across the screen.Now if it was a dog.....

A colleague just had a call from a customer who introduced himself as "Captain". I think I'll call all the utilities,bank etc and give myself a title.A knighthood would be nice.Sir Acorn or perhaps a military title like Field Marshall Acorn would have a nice ring. Maybe I'll tell them I've graduated and ask to have the letters A L L I N added in front of my name in honour of my first class degree in Holdem.

Here endeth this coherent and well structured post.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document