Friday, August 12, 2005

One Sheep

This joke came to mind when I was thinking about the $60 I was down tonight.I played solid poker for 3 1/2 hours,I'm up a few bucks and I blow $70 with a daft play when I totally misread what the villan had.Won't be the last time.

A man goes into the pub in the highlands and orders a pint. He sees a group standing at the bar having a good laugh and an Englishman sitting in the corner on his own. Instead of joining the group, he goes over and sits beside the man in the corner. "Are you not a local then?" the Englishman asks. "Oh yes," he replies. "We are all members of the local mountain rescue team, but they don't speak to me anymore." "Why is that?" asks the Englishman. "Well it was different this time last year when I single handedly rescued a group of four up on the ridge. Every body was buying me drinks, I was Tam the hero then. Or earlier this year when I pulled a dog from the river, I was Tam the animal lover then." "So what happened?" asked the Englishman.

"You shag one sheep..."

Well just as I was writing that out I get K8 o/s.I call and the flop comes A 4 7 rainbow.Not much doing and ready to fold.Checked round and a 5 on the turn.Possible gutshot and I'm calmly weighing up my options.Fold or fold.I call a $3 bet and a sexy six swims up the river.
Nice $60 pot versus the baby straight.


$5 down and going to bed....

2 Comments:

At Friday, 12 August, 2005, Blogger TripJax said...

Love hitting a big hand after a tough night and then calling it a night with a sigh of relief...

"Seal your fate with the baby straight." He probably didn't know what hit'em.

Good stuff.

 
At Friday, 12 August, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Trip.
It certainly couldn't have come at a better time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document