Friday, December 02, 2005

SNG Sunday Pokerstars 10pm gmt/5pm est

Friday at last.Tourney time this weekend.Please note time change to 10pm gmt/5pm est.Read your comment Gary and moving the tourney back an hour to accomodate the unofficial US team Captain will not be a problem.I've not played much at Pokerroom recently but I'll look out for you there tonight Captain America!!


Its a $6 Sng at Pokerstars.10pm Gmt/5pm est.Last time we met in a yahoo messenger chat room and all jumped into a 27 player sng at the same time.Pokerstars run 18,27 and 45 player sngs so there's plenty of play for your money.If numbers are too low for this Sunday we'll give it a miss and try again for next week.As I mentioned before everyone's welcome!

Tried out Poker office last night via Mr Edges link on his site.There's a 300 hand trial option and I played around 140 last night dropping $10.I played .25-.50nl 6 max and found it useful to a degree.I was as expected the tightest at my table but the software really only helped highlight what I could already see in front of me.I stayed at the same table for most of my play to let it gather more meaningful stats on my opponents and a couple of times it backed up my decisions.For example I folded to a large bet from a player almost as tight as me and raised the calling station a few times to steal the pot.

Got to be careful with it though because its too easy to play "honest" poker and check fold if you have no outs and the worst hand.Several times that was the case but due to my tight image a decent sized bet from last postion took the pot.

I could see how a tight image works as most of my preflop raises were steals with hands like K10s and A rag.Didn't get the chance to raise with premium hands as I didn't get any!

I started 2 tabling for my last 20 mins and ended up switching PO off as I had too many windows open but while I wouldn't pay $70 for it I think I'll probably try the free Empire promo to get it.


I was actually headed for a breakeven session until I let someone showing down a bluff annoy me enough to make me fold pocket twos in my next hand to a $2.50 raise.Most would probably fold in that spot anyway but I love trips so much I'll usually call most raises ( not reraises) to see a flop.I folded my 22 and of course a 2 fell on the flop and the bluffer only won when he hit his A on the turn v the calling station.My loose play in the next few hands cost me the $10.

Interested to read all the postings about goals ( the goal posts I suppose) people are setting for the month ahead.I've never been much of a goals type of person but I can see why its useful to have something to aim at.My poker is kind of all over the place.I play .10-.20 full ring, .25-.50nl,1-2nl,some 1.50-3 nl and the occasional 2-5nl 6 max.I'm still not sure about playing $1-$2nl on a regular basis.Why bother if I can find weaker players and bigger pots at lower levels.
Ladbrokes "quick search" facility is brilliant.

I think I'll try and stick to 2 tabling either .50nl or $1nl 6 max for most of the month and stick rigidly to my policy of selecting juicy tables to play at.

When I started playing for real just over a year ago my only goal was not to spend over the £50 per month limit I put on myself.I really was worried about being sucked into a downward gambling spiral which would cost me big time.My mum is just about to start playing for real but one of my other friends insists he just enjoys playing for fun and sticks to play money.Its easy to forget how big a barrier getting over initial fears of ruin can be.I'm not doubting I'm addicted to the game but don't see it as a problem so long as Mrs A is happy and I'm winning.I do intend to take a break again at some point.I had a complete 2 week break in September when I was on holiday and felt completely renewed when I returned to the game afterwards.

I don't think I'd ever want to be a poker pro but if I can make a few hundred $$$ per month I'll be happy.If I start making over $40k per year I may reconsider...

Maybe I should be more ambitious but I'm realistic too.If I was 18 I'd probably be writing about how I'd want to be playing $10-$20nl by the end of the year and maybe that is a distant possibility but right now I'm still at the stage of just being delighted I can have a hobby which actually makes money instead of costing me anything apart from sleep.

I mentioned my Mum plays poker.It was actually my Dad I was going to teach to play thinking it would be good to go out for a pint and discuss the game etc.Its strange because I've always been a huge football fan since I was a wee boy but unlike most I never got that passed down from my Dad as he's not really into sports.I was chatting to my Mum about the game the other night and telling her about the brilliant Sunday sng's with players from all over the world but I stopped short of saying its a blogger event and giving her this blogs address.I remember reading Iggy 's thoughts on his family finding his blog and while there's absolutely nothing in particular I'm ashamed of here and no secrets I can think of I still think I'd rather keep my thoughts between me,you and the Austrian spanking fans who found my blog a while back...

Big thanks to Iggy for being true to his word and pimping this here blog.Hello to anyone who has only visited due to that link.Feel free to say hello and if you're free on Sunday for an sng all the better.If you find this blog a load of rambling nonsense there's plenty of much better reading to destroy that workplace productivity by following my blog links.

Looking forward to my poker tonight.In a clever tactical ploy I paid £20 to buy Mrs A a space invaders toy that plugs into the tv so that should keep the little lady happy whilst I'm pounding the tables.

Laddys first I think then onto to Pokerroom later ( if I'm not stuck $500 and playing catch up at the £2-£5 tables).

For once I'm going to try and start a sesssion well and not go through my usual routine of losing and then striving to pull it back.What am I talking about? I do always try and start well.It just never seems to happen...

Enjoy the weekend and hopefully see ya'll on Sunday.

8 Comments:

At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

I'll try to be there on Sunday. That would be 3pm my time as I am in the Mountain time zone here in the US. Hopefully Gcox can relay the actual table to me on AOL IM as I don't have Yahoo IM loaded (yet). May work on that.

I'll be looking for you all on Sunday.

 
At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger Jordan said...

5pm EST is MUCH better for me! I'll do my best to be there too. I still would like to play for team ROW. Screw these capitalist American pigs!j

 
At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger GaryC said...

Un-Official Captain of the Capitalist American Pigs, here. J, careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

I'm in and have pimped it on my blog. Hopefully, I will have enough time to get home and start drinking this time before the tourney starts.

Chipper, download Yahoo, it is free! Even if you don't have voice, you can listen to us and type your comments in.

See you on Sunday or hit me uo tonight or tomorrow if you see me on-line.

G

 
At Friday, 02 December, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

See you Sunday guys.

Your welcome to join the series leaders J.Be aware though that our secret weapon is Janet Jacksons nipple.We know how to frighten Americans!

 
At Saturday, 03 December, 2005, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I will do my best to be there too. Thanks for the invite.

 
At Saturday, 03 December, 2005, Blogger Juice said...

I love the fact that moral in the US camp is so low that highonpoker wants to join the ROW. I think we need to set up some kind of border control acorn. Maybe retina scan him, finger print him and give him a orange suit to make him feel more at home!

 
At Saturday, 03 December, 2005, Blogger Jimmy said...

Count me in for Sunday. Yahoo name is presidentdavelee. See you all then

 
At Sunday, 04 December, 2005, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You'll just have to leave your new job then Dave ;-).Hope it all goes well mate.

The team will miss you at the tables but we shall do our best to prevail!

Hope to catch you at a table at some point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document