Monday, January 09, 2006

Little Zombie Man

I may have to rename this blog due to how tired I feel today.So much for being refreshed after a holiday! Went to bed at 2am last night but didn't drop off until after 4am which meant I wasn't the chirpiest acorn in the world on my first day back at work.

Played for a couple of hours last night and but for calling an all in on a paired board with the nut flush ( doh) which cost me $40 I played ok and didn't lose or gain any more.

What I didn't do was enjoy playing very much.Joe Speaker writes in his post today about bringing his "A" game to the table and truth be told its been a while since I've done that.What started as a variance slap has changed into me simply playing poorly and throwing money away at times.Yesterdays JJ example was horrible to read back despite me joking about it.

Burnout may be part of the reason.I've played a lot of poker since I started and even since my hols in September and I mean a lot.It was strange reading Daniel Negreanu say in a recent article that he doesn't like to play for more than 4 hours at a time online.I've played 15 hours sessions online and 10 -12 hours is not uncommon.I mentioned taking more breaks and I've started to but 5 mins every few hours and playing everynight because as Joe says "Its what I do" and not because I'm feeling keen and sharp and want to play.

I'm not getting much pleasure from it so I'm looking for the kill asap but usually over value a hand and get in trouble before mounting a fightback and that cannot continue.

I mentioned being like a zombie today but I've been tired all week from late night ( ok early morning 6am) sessions.I don't think realistically even at my young age ( ahem) playing from 6pm Sat till 8am Sunday,getting a few hours sleep and then starting again is the best way to make money and improve my game or get the most out of life.

Mark is coming over tonight for a ps2 session ( and to get the piss ripped out of him for the score yesterday!) and I have no intentions of playing much poker later and will either play far less poker or none at all over the next few days.

When I went away in Sept I didn't play or think about poker ( well ok once or twice) for 16 nights and looking back my good run started not long after I came back.Not saying that will happen again but I need to feel fresher about my game and start enjoying it again more.

This is not a goodbye or an I'm quitting poker post but I do need to give myself the best chance of winning everytime I sit down and I may need a small break to get back to my best.

Not going to make the Dadi Tourney but good luck to all taking part especially the Poker mafia crew of Garyc,Tripjax and Jordan on Wed night in case I forget and please check their blogs for details.


Couple of funnies before I go from the paper:

A Diary reader in Washington gives us an international flavour by telling us that in political circles there are frequent references to Roe v Wade, the landmark high court ruling which legalised abortion in the United States. "President Bush, however," she tells us, "thinks it refers to the evacuation plans for New Orleans."

READER Jim Buchan realised what a divided world we now live in when he passed a newspaper billboard in Glasgow's Pollokshaws announcing the ill-health of Israel's prime minister, with the terse message: "Sharon Has Stroke." Then he heard two teenagers discussing the health of X Factor talent show judge Sharon Osbourne.

Another terrible putdown overheard in a Glasgow coffee shop of all places, as a chap tried to engage a girl in conversation. When he told her he had a brother, she crisply replied: "I take it he's older – or your mum would have stopped at one."

This video clip of football manager Harry Rednapp is good.Contains swearing so don't view from work!

www.kumb.com/vid/harry.mpeg


Stop by Juices blog for another fine Nacho post.Mrs A is gonna love it.

Still it was probably aimed at Felicia who adores cute pet pics and stories in poker blogs....

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, 10 January, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Your linkto that harry clip doesnt work!

Its even more impressive than that Ronaldinho clip. Except harry seems to have gone houdini.

Time to control alt delete and restart windows i think!

 
At Tuesday, 10 January, 2006, Blogger Poker Jones said...

thanks for the link, dude. my blog-roll cherry has been broken! now get me a freakin' tee-time on the Old Course. will return the favor and look forward to reading your stuff.

 
At Tuesday, 10 January, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Juice it takes a wee while to come on and I think you need Quicktime.I'll try again from home tonight.

Your welcome Mr Jones and your tee off slot will be held till required.lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document