Thursday, March 16, 2006

Once piece at a time

Felt slightly better today than I have for the last few days.

Our heating system broke down a few days ago and waking up with the bedroom at 54f hasn't been much fun.

Had some good news last night when the workmate I mentioned being in trouble for taking an unauthorised day off called me to say he'd been downgraded for 18 months.The main thing is that he gets to keep his job but a £7.5k penalty is bad beat and a half.I'm pleased for him as he's been going through hell for the last two months.

The post title refers to the fact I managed to stop the rot last night at the tables.

Won $25 at Interpoker's cash tables then headed off to Pokerroom and came 9th and 6th in a couple of $5 sng's.In the first one I had 33 on a board of 3 A A 8 J and was beaten by A8.Left Pokerroom and joined a Party $25 nl 6 max table.

It was a wee bit frustrating as there was an obvious donation station I'd lost $12 to and wanted to destack before leaving but never got the opportunity.I could have hung around longer but the heating engineer was due out first thing this morning and I knew a lie-in was out the question.

Only a $3 profit but no horrendous suckouts.Hopefully a return to normality.

Treated myself today to "Burnout Legends" and "Fightnight rd 3" for my PSP aswell as another book.Should help the 5 3/4 hour flight to sunny Sharm pass by a bit more quickly.

My mate Sandy is just off the phone and popping over for a couple of hours tomorrow night.He was keen to try and get a couple of Dave Gilmour tickets from Ebay for his May Gig in Glasgow.They are aprox £150- £200 per ticket.If he was just doing The Floyd stuff I'd pay up but its a lot of dough to hear most of his new album with a few Floyd classics thrown in.Easy for me to say when I've seen The Floyd live and Sandy hasn't but I'm keener on attending Hyde Park in London for Roger Waters "Dark Side of the Moon" in July.

Ok I'd better go and make the most of my last two pokery nights.I intend taking a full and proper break from online poker ( and the blog) during my week away.Thoughts of joining Veneno's head up challenge are very tempting but the first leg is while I'm away.I don't see Mrs A appreciating me spending one of our holiday nights in a net cafe playing holdem.

Sorted out some pokery stuff today.Withdrew my $100 initial Party deposit and also withdrew $100 from Interpoker and then redeposited it to get the $100 matched monthly bonus.I keep missing out on it because E-Cashier will let me deposit with my credit card but only cashout via cheque which is a pain.Still their bonuses are excellent.I've done 25% of another $90 bonus and this new $100 will stack on top of it.

Ok back to Interpoker to rebuild my poor depleted roll there.....one piece at a time!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 18 March, 2006, Blogger Rosie said...

At the time of posting you're 24/48.(1.36am)
Well done. I expect to see a post that you finished high in the money!

Good luck

 
At Saturday, 18 March, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Not quite Rosie but a nice winning night at 6 max helped me get over it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document