Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tues latest

Another night at the tables where all I played was Sng’s and ten minutes of break even 6 max nl.

The $5 sng’s are quite soft at Inter but as the one who set the $50 Inter challenge I really need to be putting in some hours at the 6 max tables.To be honest I started the challenge as a way of motivating myself to play within my roll with my $50 and build it back up past $1k but the truth is I really don’t have much enthusiasm for the $25 buy in 6 max tables anymore and the thought of a 2-3 hour session at that level has no appeal at all.Despite that I refuse to move to $50 or $100 nl at Inter until my $172 roll can stand it so looks like some grinding will have to be done and soon if I’m to have any chance of catching Mias Dad $ 336, Rosie $192 and Juice on $180.

Played four sng’s last night and was bubble boy in the first mainly due to playing weak poker when down to four as I was too keen to be In The Money for the eighth game in a row.Got my game together and won the next one but didn’t do much in the last two and went to bed far too late at 1.30am.

Stopped off to buy the new Techwood 37” I mentioned yesterday but I drive a hard bargain and told the salesman I would only buy it if he threw in "Outrun" for the PSP for free.The manager said I could get the game for half the £35 price but not free so I walked.I'm not too bothered about the game and may go back and just let them waive the £22 delivery charge instead.I wasn't folding today though!

I nearly bought a car a few years back but the private seller and I were just £50 apart on a £5k deal.He refused to back down so I told him to forget it and walked away then too.Ended up buying a Volvo 480 Turbo instead and its solid build probably saved my life in a car crash a couple of years later.What's for you,wont go by you as my Granny used to say.

Still waiting on my cashout cheque from Inter but at least my new 17” monitor arrived today.I’ve seen a wireless enabled laptop for £349 at the same online retailer ( dabs.com) and the first thing I did was find an online currency converter to see how many $ I need to make to be able to afford it( $642).Time to grind!

One good thing about being a Step Dad is that I get to behave like a big kid sometimes.( not that I didn’t before). I read in the paper that pouring a packet of mentos mints into a 2.5 litre of diet coke caused a reaction that created a 15 foot high fountain of cola.Well I bought two bottles of Coke,10 packs of mentos,drew a gathering of local kids and……nothing happened at all! ( well it did fizz up bit).Not one to waste anything at least I was able to charge the kids for a glass of new Minty Cola….

I was trying to be kind of neutral about tonights Sweden V England game but I made the mistake of listening to Talk Sport on the way home and their presenters have England playing Brazil in the final already before the final group game is even finished so for once in my life I'll actually be wanting ex Semtex FC striker,Larsson,to score a few goals.

Mrs A ( sporting new boots and watch courtesy of poker cashout) has just put out the home made macaronni so that's all for today....

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, 20 June, 2006, Blogger Juice said...

Do you believe in the genius of joe yet?
What a goal. What a player

 
At Tuesday, 20 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Do you believe in the England defence? hehe.

Great goal from Cole.Agreed on that.

 
At Wednesday, 21 June, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

what a shambles again, can we get Sven out before the next game?
Best defenders in the world. Not.
Best midfielders in the world? They are for their clubs, why not for England?

Joe Cole is the outstanding player so far, and deserved his goal, can't see many other positives.

At least Owen won't be playing any more, tho I wouldn't have wished that way on anyone.

Ecuador, then no further in my opinion.....

 
At Wednesday, 21 June, 2006, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

I think you'll find it's England beating Brazil in the Semi's now, then Argentina in the final...

At least Owen's injury might force a different formation than 4-4-2, so we might stand a chance

 
At Wednesday, 21 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

You may be right about the formation change helping England,Tan.

England have decent ( though over hyped) players but never seem to play well as a fluid unit like other teams.

Tend to agree with you Miasdad that if England do get past Ecuador they may struggle to get any further.

We'll see....

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Hey Acorn,

My Inter balance is at $36. :{ I think I'm letting the team down in last place. ;{

About the Mentos experiment, I saw that too, and have been trying to find a video of someone downing a load of coke before dining on some delightful Mentos. Unfortunately, the best I can find is this, but it doesn't appear that the foolhardy chap swallowed first. Do you know any hard northerners who'd be up for the challenge?

Good luck,

The Edge

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Blogger MiasDaddy said...

someone need a hard northener?

maybe not as hard as a glasweegian, but I can hold my own in a group of 10 year olds?

Wish I shared the optimism about England's chances. Don't get me wrong, I want them to win it like the next Englishman, just can't see us getting past a decent team, and let's be honest, we haven't met one yet.

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Md,
You reckon you could hold your own with 10 yr olds? You ever read the 2+2 thread on "how many 5 yrs olds would it take to down you". Worth googling...

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

5 year old debate

I heard an urban legend about a student at Southampton Uni. He was held down by about twelve 8 year olds. One grabbed his balls and pulled him down while the others stamped on him. He was put in hospital for a few weeks. How humiliating!

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Yasser, some things never change - charging the kids...PMSL!

 
At Thursday, 22 June, 2006, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey s-man I had overheads to cover!
Btw you don't really think I charged them do you ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document