Sunday, October 28, 2007

I pull my hair out...

It's just aswell I'm blessed with thick abundant folicles ( all comments from s-man and Al Eleven will be deleted!) because although I won at the tables last night,a bad beat at Dusktilldawn had me literally pulling at my own hair in sheer frustration.Surely shouting "don't pair the feckin' board" is a proven poker method used by all the pro's?!

I'd managed two third place finishes after playing a set of four $16 ,18 player turbos before moving to DTD.I had deposited £40 there the other week to use for Raisetheriver games and I'd managed to reduce that to nearer £10 during the last week.I won £23 yesterday afternoon and last night I took £25 of my £33 to a 6 max £.50-£1nl table.There were two solid players,1 semi-solid but careless player,a fish and a someone who overplayed many hands.I actually sucked out bigtime with Q8 all in on a Q 9 10 flop when the turn brought me a Q to beat one of the solid players 910.

I had increased my stack to £60 and felt like I had the measure of the table when I called a small raise from Mr Overplay.I had 67 and the flop ( 5 8 9 rags) brought me the nut straight.I bet out,we got all the money in, and he showed a set of nines which I thought was a bit of a cooler for him....until an Ace on the turn and another feckin' Ace on the river gave him a full house to beat my straight.Arghhhhhhhh!!

I did at least manage to laugh about it a few minutes later.Ladbrokes was next up and it didn't take me long to get back in my stride as my quads twos beat a full house.It was fairly obvious the villain had the full house and it was one of those sweet occasions where I knew my apparent overbet ( all in) would get called.

I left Ladbrokes $128 up and again looked around the various sites for juicy tables.I should also mention I caught up with Juice in the chat and we both managed to donk out of a $16 turbo before my screen froze again and I had to abandon the chat just to get my game finished.Looks like I'll need a new laptop afterall.

Oh and I also began my pokery night by making the top 500 of that Party $5 freeroll I'd mentioned I'd been invited to play in.Two hours of work for $2 profit!!


Back to much later and I found a loose ,high average pot table at Bet 365 and won £40 there before finally hitting the sack around 5am.( 4am after the clocks went back)

No stats today as I'll be doing an exciting ( ahem!) end of year stats post on Wed 31st as this will be the end of my 3rd full year of playing with real money online.

Looking forward to play the DTR game and the Bloggerment tonight although I just hope my laptop can cope with playing 2 games on two different sites without freezing up.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back next week....

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 29 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's just aswell I'm blessed with thick abundant folicles"

PMSL!

Deleting comments - what could you possibly have to hide?

I always thought that your nickname 'the monk' came about due to your religious devotion at the tables.

The photgraphic evidence would suggest otherwise.....;-)

Friar Tuck...now that has a ring to it....

(a source close to) s-man

PS. admitting it is the first step in the road to recovery.

PPS. Was that the gers i saw getting humped at the weekend?

 
At Tuesday, 30 October, 2007, Blogger dD said...

" ... thick abundent folicles ... "

oh dear, I sense some serious ribbing coming your way at oor next live do :))

... luckily, i elected not to watch ra gers at the weekend :(

regards

dD

 
At Tuesday, 30 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ach you lads are just jealous of my fine thick hair ya bams!!

Pish game at the weekend right enough dD.

 
At Saturday, 03 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have photo evidence!!!!! Should I post it on Cloud's site?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document