Thursday, October 25, 2007

More than a club..



Thanks to all for the comments on my last post.Maybe I should rant more often!

No poker on Tuesday night as I was at Ibrox to see Rangers secure a 0-0 draw with the mighty Barcelona.It was great to see players like Messi,Henry and Ronaldinho in the flesh and I was delighted Rangers managed to contain them for 90 minutes.After our 3-0 gubbing of celtc at the weekend and their usual away defeat in the Champions league last night,it's been a fine football week all round!

The ex called yesterday to say she isn't well which meant she wasn't working and I wasn't needed to go over and look after Step A.I decided to treat myself and had dinner at the excellent Paperinos and had the same tortelli di Parma (ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, served with parmesan cheese, butter and sage) I ate the last time and it was just as tasty.

I played some poker at DTD when I returned and after a couple of swings I left £1 up after an hours play!

I two tabled $16 turbo's at Stars ( 18 player) and managed 2nd in one of them.I should probably have won it after dominating the heads-up by playing a hyper aggressive style, but I didn't change gears at the right time, and couldn't regain momentum after losing a big pot with Q4 to Q7 on a Queen high board.

I moved to Bet 365 and played at a juicy $200nl 8 max table ,finishing even after 1/2 hrs play.

Tonight I'm picking my boy up ( Nacho) after work and taking him to the local pitches to test out the new ball thrower thing I bought yesterday.( should save my arm hurting for 2 days!)

After that it's dinner and to the tables....

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see Rangers get some results after 5/6 years of average to pish performances....

 
At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your beloved rangers. they had to hold on tight for that draw, but did miss some great chances themselves!

Glad the poker is going ok mate!

 
At Thursday, 25 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

We've still had our moments anon ( Helicopter Sunday etc) but here's hoping the team can keep improving!

Hey Mair whatcha laughing at?!! :-)

Thanks BM,it was tighter than Mr Cloud at the virtual felt!

We've only got to play them in the Nou Camp now...!

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger MAIR said...

LOL when I opened up to view the comments, anon's one made me laugh, sorry hun I know you love your beloved Rangers, but being a Hearts fan meself the pish part made me chuckle.

Still luv ya even tho your a Rangers fan lol.

xx

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe - gotcha with that one acorn

you know i don't give a flying **ck about any footy team....but the noise-up is too tempting to pass up

s-man (aka mr 1st comment anon)
;-)

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

I understand Mair.Afterall need a sense of humour to be a Jambo!! hehe

Good to see you back online s-man ya cheeky bassa!

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

s-man never dies ;-)

 
At Friday, 26 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

s-man never dies ;-)...He just falls asleep :-))))))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document