Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rant time!

Time for a mini-rant.It's my blog afterall and if I upset any eco-warriors or Daily Mail/Guardian readers then too bad.

Being a Rangers fan I've never much liked the colour green and right now I've just about had it with the constant crap being spewed about how we should all be super green and environmentally friendly.From what I've read, the world has been cooling and warming constantly over the centuries, nobody can actually prove that Global warming is man made and even if it is for real, I doubt it can be prevented by me putting my tins cans in a separate bin from my normal waste.( Especially considering the huge industrial growth in China and India)

Todays Radio 5 live phone in was encouraging twats to take a stand at the supermarket checkout by removing all the packaging from items and demanding the manager recycle it.If some numpty takes a stand like that in front of me I won't be slow in asking them to move aside and stop wasting time.( or a swift kick to their package may follow!)

Apparently Slough council has even used the "green" excuse to avoid holding their annual bonfire on Nov 5th as it would pollute the atmosphere! I would venture that just one Egyptian taxi ( 25yr old smoke machines!) would produce about ten times the smoke a bonfire produces,simply by starting the engine.

Another story hacking me off is the one re the two community policeman who supposedly stood by and watched a boy drown because "water rescue" was not part of their training.The Daily Mail are making a big deal of the fact they didn't dive in to help, despite the fact the police were initially directed to the wrong part of the lake, and when they did get to the right part, there was no sign of the stricken boy.Diving in randomly would have been like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

The last part of my min-rant is directed at radio dj's who imply that the simple act of playing a song is a huge favour for the listener."Stay tuned and if you're all very good little listeners I may play this great song shortly".I accidentally tuned into Scot Mills on Radio 1 and this was his highy annoying style.

I'll leave drivers who don't indicate alone, as I've ranted about them before, ( they're still A-holes) but a quick mention of all those "outgoing" idiots who declare themselves to be "totally mad" or "crazy".Lock 'em up in a padded cell and see how crazy and mad they are then I say!

Ahhhh that's better!

On the pokery front I came 4th in an 18 man ,$16 turbo last night before playing a wee bit of cash poker at bet 365 and leaving $20 up.I didn't catch any playable hands at all but I did make some aggressive bluffs.At one point I called a raise, and just before the villain continuatiuon bet $3.50 into a $4 pot on a ragged Jack high flop,I swear I could hear Sbrugby's voice in my head saying ( adopt US accent!) " Huh,I don't think he's hit this flop and I'm gonna check raise and try and take it down".I reraised his $3.50 to $9 and the villain folded.

I'm off to Ibrox tonight to see Rangers take on the mighty Barcelona in the Champions league.I can't wait to see Messi,Ronaldinho,Henry and co in action.I only hope Rangers give a good account of themselves and don't get humped too badly!

Tomorrow night I'm over at the ex's looking after Step A ,and as she has no net access I've downloaded a few cardrunners vids to my media player to watch.That's my idea of taking a break from the poker!

I also added a Pokertracker screenshot of my stats summary over 27k hands at Ladbrokes to yesterdays post.Any comments welcome!

Righty that's more than enough for just now.Back later in the week....

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe,

It's all that pent up frustration working in complaints!

Agree mostly re: global warming, but have to say that the rubbish thing is a real problem - we're basically running out of landfill space and near 70% of domestic landfill comes from packaging (mainly supermarket)

All tied up with money though. The government won't chase the supermarkets because they keep prices hence inflation in check. Instead they charge (fine) the councils for every tonne of rubbish hence the big push on recycling. Ultimately, the council will pass this cost onto you and even now they are looking at extra taxation (charges for excess rubbish).

The real reason the green agenda is being pushed is to provide an opportunity to introduce new and inventive taxes....

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and the last last post wiz fae me - yerabawbag ;-)

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

Whether G-Warming is man made or not I'm still fecked off getting boxes 4 times larger than the stuff in them and all the wasted packaging I don't need in my bags and bins at home !

Most importantly, it's very unfair to mention Guardian and Daily Mail readers in the same sentence.

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Landfill aint a problem s-man.I spotted plenty of nice countryside on the way to your new place the other week!

Agree with you on the tax increase excuse too.As if they need an excuse though!

Tan: As long as you aint in front of me in the supermarket queue mate!

I hate The Guardian and Daily Mail equally! I just read 'em both to inspire posts like todays!

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Nick said...

People who say they are crazy or mad - I hate em!!!!
Like really hate them!!!
I say we need more landfill space - just for these people!!!
Shove em in the holes and cover them up!!!

OK - my rant over.
Nice post.
;o)

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with a lot of your points acorn. Although I have learned not to "do politics" on my blog!! LOL

It's true that cows pollute the atmosphere more than all the fossil fuels we burn put together... LOL

Global warming is a natural occurence that has been happening for millions of years. IMO this is just another way to tax us. I mean whats happening to the biggest polluters such as China??

nonsense mate!!

GL to rangers too./

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

*Guardian reader alert*
Oh, Acorn, How many ways can I say I disagree with you?

What I will say Mik, is you can't have it both ways. Either you accept that its a problem and NOT a tax or you completely disregard China as a polluter, and therefore a problem.(which they are - huge). *Factually*, intense pressure is placed on China, India and the US as some of the worlds biggest polluters *all the time* by the international community. Unfortunately getting China (or the US, come to that) to do something because its *right* for the planet is not something that is going to give its government, with their ever growing economy and population much pause. In the recent past with our 'liberal interventionalist' government within this country there has been a recognition that we are in fact, in shit creek, as a planet. If you think anyone in our present government *wants* to deal with this - you are most assuredly wrong,reduced waste collection and higher taxes are by no means vote winners. However, (and I am NO fan of the present administration), I am pleased that they are trying to make *some difference*. Probably not enough, in my view - but then, I am a liberal wanker, eh?

All of this information is readily available in the Guardian, Times, Telegraph, Independent, BBC news - but prolly not in papers where a main daily concern is how Tracey from Essex (19, student) looks with her top off.

All of these things I read about this period of Global Warming not being *our fault* and recycling and taxes, frankly sound a bit like denial to me. Since the path of least resistance, the preference for cheap food and commodities, fuel consumption and the rise of the three car family are of preference to the majority and the truth about the consequences of this period of Global Warming - sea levels rising, changing weather systems etc are *unpalatable* to say the least I can see why, as a planet, its easier to look at what should be plain to see and swiftly focus our attention on the 3 minutes longer we might have to wait in the checkout, or the increased surcharge on our flights.

As always.. I could go on. Back to your regularly scheduled facetiousness.

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Great plan Mr Cloud! Round 'em up!

Your prob right re posting semi political stuff BM, but on reflection I couldn't give two hoots if I offend any tree huggers!

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Rosie,
You're never a liberal wanker!A tree hugger maybe.. :-))

We will have to agree to disagree on your last paragraph in particular because your accepted "truth" aint mine and that's the crux of it.

Hundreds of years ago all of science agreed the world was flat and I suppose anyone who disagreed was also labled a "denier" by some.I think the denier arguement is very weak and reeks of it's own head in the sand attitude.


I also don't believe any govt raises taxes as a vote winner. This govt has been especially good at introducing stealth taxes, which just chip away a bit here and there. The big Green excuse just gives them a reason to tax more and hey they even look like they are "doing something" which appeases you tree huggers :-)

Anyways thanks for taking the time to comment.

I'm off to do a google search for Tracy....

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

Ahh, Acorn, I don't think you really think I'm a tree hugger. I also don't think you think I'm that easily appeased. But there you are - nice post today.

I did a search on Lisa too - but I don't think shes your type - member of Greenpeace ;0)

 
At Tuesday, 23 October, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ach ok,yer right,I don't really reckon you're a tree hugger or easily appeased!

Tracy agrees with me though and thinks Lisa hugs trees!

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Great post Acorn. Just to add my two cents worth...

When I boil a kettle, I use water from the filtered watercooler. Though the water is colder and takes longer to boil, it has less limescale in it.

When I cook eggs in the morning, I use the microwave as an egg timer. I put in a cup of filtered water, and warm it for 6 minutes. When the microwave beeps, I know my eggs are done. However, I only use the 300 watt setting to save power.

For my job, I use six monitors, two PC's, and a plethora of servers. Three screens rarely get looked at, though one has a photo of a cute dog on it.

Good times!

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep I contradicted myself there!! haha. Well spotted!

I have been keeping an eye on most of this stuff and after hearing all the arguments i am absolutely sure that this is a natural phenomena. The recycling is just good common sense IMO, but to use this information to tax the population, without being able to catagorically prove their argument is wrong IMO, but who cares because we live in a virtual dictatorship anyways.

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I hug a tree with Tracey??

 
At Wednesday, 24 October, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7060607.stm

for more bin like bawbaggery

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document