Sunday, November 25, 2007

Terrible Pokerstars Customer Service

The Sunday Bloggerment game has now been running for 35 weeks on Pokerstars and we usually attract between 15-40 players.Every week many of us give Stars plenty of free advertising as we pimp the tourney and never once have we contacted Stars looking for any additional cash/prizes for our troubles.In fact Pokerstars supposedly prides itself on treating bloggers well and even runs an annual blogger freeroll.

I woke up today to the email below telling me they have cancelled the Bloggerment due to my blog url and the raisetheriver.com url being mentioned in the tourney message area and I'm not a happy bunny at all.

I have set it up again.Password is DONKAMENT ( in upper case) and I'll be contacting BM soon re using an alternative site in future.

Hello Zagga,

This is to inform you that we have cancelled your private tournaments
due
to violations of our rules regarding the creation of private events.

Specifically, the violations were:


URL in lobby or title :
"See raisetheriver.com or littleacornpoker.blogspot.com for details"
(T #67999309)

Mark,
As a regular Stars player I'm not impressed at all by your decision to cancel our Private tournament on the day of the event.My fellow bloggers and I will carefully consider using another site for our widely advertised game and I'll also be blogging about your decision today and will be posting about it on various forums.

I didn't realise I was breaching a petty rule and as the tournament has been promoted that way over the last 35 weeks,I think cancelling it was a step too far.

Thankyou for attempting to screw up our Sunday game.It won't be forgotten.

Regards,
Zagga( littleacornpoker.blogspot.com)

Friday night was spent at the s-mans playing Call of Duty 4 and watching Renegade Justice.I drove home at 2am in a near blizzard and won 2/2 $16 turbos before going to bed.

Yesterday I watched the Gers beat Falkirk 3-1 before picking up Nacho,walking him and coming home to play a ton of poker.I bought directly into the $55 ,$50k gtd on PCSS ( poor customer service site!)and played quite poorly,eventually crashing out when I checked a set of Aces on the flop and allowed the villain to hit his flush.My reasoning was that the actual chances of the two callers having two spades was quite low and as they would probably have folded because of the scary Ace on the flop,I wanted to let them catch up a little.

After that I got stuck into the $16,18 player turbos and began four tabling.I was running horribly and even some of my opponents were typing "unreal" in the chatbox after some of the suckouts I endured.I usually remain quite calm re bad beats but at one point I was battering my cushions in sheer frustration at the seemingly unending nature of it.I could give a dozen examples but it wouldn't serve any point as those games are over now.I can honestly say I've never ever berated a villain in a poker chat box but last night after one guy crippled my stack by calling with A2 v my QQ,I nearly lost it.The villain then typed "if you can't beat them ( join them)" as some kind of justification of his donkaments but jeeeeez!

Over the last 38 games ( 1 week filter on sharkscope) I've won $257 at these $16's and these battles with variance just have to be accepted as part of the game.I did keep calm for the most part and did finish slightly ahead but what a rollercoaster it is when four tabling turbos!

I finished by dropping $25 at a Laddies 6 max $200 nl table and went to bed around 5am totally shattered!

Just about to pick up Step A and drop her off along with Nacho.Looking forward to playing tonights Bloggerment ( despite the problems setting it up) and also the DTD freeroll game for the last place in the live game.

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, 25 November, 2007, Blogger Juice said...

you bad man acorn violating the pokerstars T&C... tut tu.

 
At Sunday, 25 November, 2007, Blogger Rosie said...

Jeez. I bet he wears his keys on his belt.

 
At Sunday, 25 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumours that I informed PokerStars customer service so my reign as champion could be extended another week are completely groundless. Honest.

 
At Sunday, 25 November, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

lol Trev,nice try mate!

 
At Monday, 26 November, 2007, Blogger seymour:cards said...

given the drama i still had a great time at my first bloggerment...and finishing 19/22 gives me lots of opportunity for improvement!

seymour cards

 
At Monday, 26 November, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Glad you enjoyed it Seymour! Hopefully see you at the virtual felt again next week mate.

 
At Monday, 26 November, 2007, Blogger TripJax said...

Why not bring the bloggerment on over to Full Tilt? You might see an increase in the entrants as many more bloggers are playing at Full Tilt these days.

Just a thought...

 
At Monday, 26 November, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers for the suggestion Trip.My co-host,Burnley Mik, isn't too keen on FT as I think he's had a few issues with them in the past.I do like the idea of being able to play Private Turbo's there though!

 
At Friday, 30 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this an attempt to change the poker venue and eliminate the fishiness of Al Eleven from all blogger related tourny's... Think about us across the water and those that Full Tilt won't accept UK credit cards.. this could devastate my Sunday afternoons... my tourney life is on the line here!!! Push for closure don't change the venue... hell you got money back from sky this should be easy!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document