Thursday, November 22, 2007

Game,set,match

The s-man and I played our badminton game on Tuesday evening and my superior skills and fitness shone through as I cruised to a 15-1,15-2 victory over the hapless s-man with his hopeful lunges and missed drop shots!

After that healthy exertion I had a Burger King on the way up the road and after watching a poker training video and reviewing this excellent short-stack strategy blog,I opened up DTD poker site and hit the tables.

I had made a small deposit there in order to play in the Raisetheriver forum games and I had £8 left.I stuck to the strategy guide and had increased my £8 to £13 with a series of all-in moves and reraises before I finally busted.I had reraised all in with 1010,was called by AQ and of course the Ace fell on the turn.

Last night I was over at the ex's looking after Step A and Nacho.The ex and I are getting on really well and she has agreed to pop over to my place on Friday to give the flat a proper clean.I watched England's miserable performance as they crashed out of the Euro qualifiers.Croatia were by far the better team and deserved their win.Saves England the heartache of bottling another penalty shoot-out I suppose!

I didn't get home until well after midnight and hadn't intended to play any poker at all, but I was feeling inspired by another training video and hit up a $50nl 6 max cash table for a wee 1/2 hour session.I had one of those sweet moments where I raised with 44 from the button and the flop came a 4 Q 9 rainbow.I led out and won a nice pot against a villain who has flat called my raise with KK.

I finished by raising with 1010 and winning another nice wee pot when I hit my set again.I was $36 up and feeling good but it was after 1am and I sensibly switched off and went to bed.

Just back after dinner at my parents and walking Nacho.Time to go and catch up on some blogs and hit the tables....

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, 22 November, 2007, Blogger Amatay said...

Hello m8. Wat do u mean by 2-44bb win rate?

 
At Thursday, 22 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just warming up matey....1st time in 16 years!

taking that racket back - must be warped or something...

and since when did the rules state that a shuttle cock bounce did not count?!?

it's a conspiracy..

 
At Thursday, 22 November, 2007, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Amatay,
Hope these articles help mate.Btw the way if your not using Pokertracker ( with pahud or gt+) you're missing a ton of info.

From a cardplayer article..

"If a limit player can average one big bet per hour in his game of choice, he is doing great. So if the big blind is $5, an earn of $10 per hour would be quite good. Very few players can actually do this over a long period of time. But a no-limit player can do much better than this. Estimates vary, but based on my own playing experience, I think a good player can average four-six big blinds per hour of play. In a $2-$5 no-limit hold'em game this equates to about $20-$30 an hour. A top player can probably do even better than this."

From another site ( I started my own explanation but I've had a wee herbal and it didnae make sense!)

"I think bets per hours usually refer to limit. If you read that stuff on 2+2 and other sites, you might come across the term that’s PT big bet. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen that. That’s what’s called Poker Tracker Big Bet. And that’s basically, online there’s a Poker Tracker software. So basically the way a poker tracker looks at a game, because it wasn’t designed specially for NL, is a big bet is double the big blind, because that’s what it is in limit. So $20-40, the big blind if $20, a big bet is $40 in $5-$10 NL, the big blind is $10, so a big bet is $20. So you might look to make 4 to 5 poker tracker big bets an hour in that game. Which would be about, 5 Poker tracker big bets would be $100, so it would be 20 times 5. People are into that thing online. That is a pretty good rate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document