Thursday, January 24, 2008

Acornman $6.50 turbo,9 player, poker video

I was bored last week when I was off sick and decided to make a poker video.Of course being a tight git I used free trial software so thankfully my attempt should self-destruct within 30-60 days!

Credentials: I don't claim to be a great turbo sng player but I do beat the $16 and under game.





Disclaimer:

1)This was a $6.50,9 player turbo on Full Tilt and is fairly standard stuff with nothing new for anybody but sng/turbo newbies so don't expect much! Maybe this is why I used the word "obviously" dozens of times.


2)I thought Buddhabob had raised when I had KK.He actually only limped!

3) Opinions expressed are mine and mine alone.I'm aware for example that Sheets on pxf strongly advocates raising 3bb + 1 for any limpers in sngs, but I find at turbo donkfests below $16,I need to raise more to narrow the field.I didn't talk much about bet sizes but I do like to mix it up to keep the villains guessing.

4) I talk about not stealing because the blinds were not very high at one point and then steal on next hand.This was simply because I felt my image and the situation justified it.There's nothing set in stone in poker.

5) The betting isn't clear on the Jc10c hand I held because someone popped up on my IM and I had to edit that out! For the record I shoved and he called with his A9.


Ok,see it here or below.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice vid Zag, like your thinking against the multi-tablers. Never really gave it that much thought before - but another weapon I can use.
Well played sir!!!!
;o)

 
At Friday, 25 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff.

v freaky listening to your dulcet tones and you aint in the room !!

regards

dD

 
At Sunday, 27 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just wondering. How did you record you video (camtasia?). What resolution, output etc.

I fancy doing something similar on my blog but have never been able to get a small enough file size.

Thanks,

vgjfelix

 
At Sunday, 27 January, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers Mr C and dD!

Felix,
I did use Camtasia to record it and screencast to host it.Both were on free trial offers.

I'm not techy at all and have no idea what res/output I used but I did find it all quite straight forward.

I did have a problem with it zooming in every time I moved the mouse but managed to sort that quite easily.

I did pay screencast £8 for extra bandwith as it seemed to run low not long after I posted the vid.

cheers,
Acorn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document