Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Long and short of it..

I've no problem with naming the donkey involved here as he had the good grace to give it the big FU in the chatbox after this suckout..

Short term variance:

PokerStars Game #14751779761: Tournament #74782866, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2008/01/22 - 19:21:57 (ET)
Table '74782866 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Chritan (3100 in chips)
Seat 2: headgame62 (1480 in chips)
Seat 3: joti 50 (1480 in chips)
Seat 5: kostas86 (1480 in chips)
Seat 6: WXLM1023 (1480 in chips)
Seat 7: zagga (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: Jobber2001 (1480 in chips)
Seat 9: kevinlud (1500 in chips)
joti 50: posts small blind 10
kostas86: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to zagga [Ts 9h]
WXLM1023: raises 40 to 60
zagga: folds
Jobber2001: folds
kevinlud: folds
Chritan: raises 140 to 200
headgame62: calls 200
joti 50: raises 1280 to 1480 and is all-in
kostas86: folds
WXLM1023: calls 1420 and is all-in
Chritan: calls 1280
headgame62: calls 1280 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [Qd Qs 4h]
*** TURN *** [Qd Qs 4h] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Qs 4h 8h] [Jh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
joti 50: shows [9s 9d] (two pair, Queens and Nines)
WXLM1023: shows [Kc Kh] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
Chritan: shows [Ac Ad] (two pair, Aces and Queens)
headgame62: shows [Qc 8c] (a full house, Queens full of Eights)
headgame62 collected 5940 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5940 | Rake 0
Board [Qd Qs 4h 8h Jh]
Seat 1: Chritan showed [Ac Ad] and lost with two pair, Aces and Queens
Seat 2: headgame62 (button) showed [Qc 8c] and won (5940) with a full house, Queens full of Eights
Seat 3: joti 50 (small blind) showed [9s 9d] and lost with two pair, Queens and Nines
Seat 5: kostas86 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: WXLM1023 showed [Kc Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Queens
Seat 7: zagga folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Jobber2001 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: kevinlud folded before Flop (didn't bet)


The long run:

headgame62 1,081 -$4 $7 -47% -$3,996 Tilt

I didn't have much fun at the tables on Monday night.I managed to go 0/8 ( super tilt form according to sharkscope)and only one scraped second place finish meant it wasn't a total disaster.I won't bore you with the beats but they just came one after another and I felt as if my luck would never change.

I was determined to get back on the horse last night but seemed to run into the same wall of bad beats and better hands.I managed to run JJ into KK three times and into QQ once, before headgame62 ( huge donkey) beat my JJ yet again ,this time with his A2.

I was then looking good to win my next game when a shortstack got lucky about five times in a row and before I know it I'd crashed out horribly yet again.( scraped 4th at least to break my duck)

By this time I was extremely hacked off with my luck ,very tired and feeling like I would never win another hand.

My cousin popped over to pick up a ticket for tonights Rangers game and thankfully I managed to win my last game of the night.I actually got lucky after making a slightly tilty call.I'd raised with AQ soooted and a solid regular shoved.I'd just crashed out another game to a sick one and called off my stack with that AQc v the solid players QQ... and hit my flush.It felt like I was due that one but of course poker doesn't work that way.

Tonight I'm off to see Rangers play East Stirling in a league cup tie at Ibrox and will be heading over to look after Step A afterwards until the ex gets home from work around 12am.The ex does now have a net connection and I may get a wee game there, but a night off from the relentless nature of the turbs may be a better idea....

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 24 January, 2008, Blogger Swifty said...

The trouble is that you only get your money back if you play that guy again (I know you didn't actually lose the hand, but you get what I mean).

Play on the same table as him over time and you're going to take him to the cleaners. As it is you'll never see him again, and he'll be replaced in the enxt game by another 'strike it lucky' merchant.

If eejits are going to call then three handed just about anything can win.

Frustrating to the nth degree.

And his stats are a perfect example of why I've changed tack. Obviously $15 is absolutely nothing to him. He loses, he fires up another game. I lose at that level and I would have to write a ten page report for the wife...

;)

 
At Thursday, 24 January, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hmm,If I had been in the hand I'd have cursed my own bad luck that the flop fell that way, rather than the donk for calling.I may not get the $$$ back from him but there's a zillion other donks just like him lining up to line our pockets!

My fear in poker is firing up the tables one day and finding them full of TAG/LAG sharks!

I don't even mind him winning that hand as he knocked out a couple of better players and it's hands like that which keep a $3k loser playing poker.

Frustrating when they hit ,seemingly over and over for sure,( hence my post)but in the good old long run,we shall prevail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document