Tuesday, January 08, 2008

No flight...still jet lagged!

Thanks to all who turned out to play in the Bloggerment on Sunday and congrats to Splunk1, who took it down.

I scraped into the money with a 3rd place finish, although by the time were three-handed I was quite short-stacked and was eventually forced to shove unsuccessfully with 104 sooted before I ran completely out of fold equity.

I did play a couple of interesting hands along the way.See High on Poker for Jordans excellent analysis of one of them.The other interesting one was where I made a pot odds call ( getting 3-1 from memory) with 910 and got lucky against Wee Gems dominating hand.

I haven’t had much luck in blogger tourneys recently and although 3rd place was in the money I had a good think about why I didn’t go on and take it down.The conclusion I came to is that I didn’t take enough risks to build further when I had a big stack at one point, and instead stuck to my usual 18 player turbo type gameplan where I always aim to make the money first.That plan seems to work as I’ve more first place finishes than any other position in these 18 player games ( mostly $16).Next time though,I play to win!


I played a wee $6.50 ,18 player turbo with Juice afterwards and took it down to make it three wins in a row in these wee turbos.It may only be a $6.50 game but I don’t think I’ve ever won 3 sng’s in a row.( sometimes feels like I can’t win 3 hands in a row!)

After my first day back at work yesterday I was feeling almost jet-lagged with tiredness and didn’t feel like playing any poker at all last night.I wasn’t completely sick of of the game and did enjoy watching the huge cash game on Sky sports featuring a table of top pro’s.I enjoyed Phil Ivey being interviewed not long after losing big pot and being asked “what the problem was” only for him to reply that there was no problem and that fluctuations were to be expected over a four hour session.Poker isn’t like many other pursuits where if you lose it’s always because you played badly.I reckon that’s what makes it so mentally taxing.

Tonight I’ll be watching the Rangers game and will only be playing poker afterwards if I feel motivated.I will be downloading a few cardrunners videos for tomorrow night as I’m heading to the ex’s to look after Step A for the evening.

Ok,thanks for reading.Back later in the week..

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 08 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO know you put me out of the Bloggerment?

See comments on my bloggerment post.

 
At Wednesday, 09 January, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Checked it out Mr C :-)

I'm too much of a tight rock to resteal from anybody ;-)

Dinny blame me!!

 
At Thursday, 10 January, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there.

Are you zagga? I was splunk1 and blogged up the tourney too.

http://icandodgebullets.blogspot.com/

Good report.

Really nasty when you tried to push with 10 4 and Hulljimi had 44.

Mind you, he did have a horseshoe up his arse. (friggin one outer)

 
At Friday, 11 January, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Hey Splunk I am indeed Zagga on Stars.

Congrats again on the win.You were a tough opponent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document