Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back in the Groove

After all my recent whining and moaning I finally had a good night at the tables last night!

I started out playing a few $16's with Al Eleven and once again not a lot was holding up.Just my presence at the tables seemed to act as a cooler for Al too as we both banged our heads off the variance wall.

Al was playing a $12 ,180 player turbo on Stars and tempted me into joining him.I've not played very many 180 player games because I've always felt it would be too hard to fight my way through so many donks.In that first game I semi-tilted/donked out just before the bubble with K6 ( in the bb) on a KQJ flop against slow played pocket Aces.At least I recognised I had let my game slip and I took a wee break before coming back for more.

My first big score came when I scraped a 2nd place in one of the $12 games for $396.The standard of play reminded me of the $6.50 turbs and I only came 2nd because when the bigstack shoved and with four of us left, the two other idiots called with weak hands.It was $25k chips v $240k aprox HU and I wasn't too upset at only coming 2nd.

I came 4th in my last 180 turb of the night ( $158 prize) after reraising the bigstack all in with A10.He thought about it, called with 66 and the board didn't help me.I also came 7th in another for $69.I've only played nine of of them and I'm sure the variance biatch will have a long barren run of beats just waiting for me in 'em, but right now I'm just happy to have had a decent night!




I'm also now over the $4k profit mark for sng's on Stars according to Sharkscope and have also reached my other goal of getting my Stars bankroll through the $3k barrier.

Righty,time to head off to Ibrox for the Rangers v Gretna game.Don't forget to register for tonights Bloggerment....

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 24 February, 2008, Blogger portdeco20 said...

wow,
thats an impressive night of poker
glad things are looking up :)
congrats on recent winnings
see you round

atb

yours truly

portdeco20

 
At Monday, 25 February, 2008, Blogger Tam said...

That there is a kick ass night, well done.

 
At Monday, 25 February, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks lads.Nice to finally be back on track for the month!

 
At Tuesday, 26 February, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate to say "I TOLD YOU SO"... actually I don't " I TOLD YOU SO!!!" Now don't go chillin my hands again ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document