Monday, March 31, 2008

Carlsberg don't do weekends.... ( + Monthly stats)

That was the best weekend of the year by several country miles.Rosie arrived as planned on Friday night and the only downside of the whole weekend was that she had to leave on Sunday!

On Saturday morning I dropped Rosie off in Glasgow to do some shopping before heading over to Ibrox to watch us beat our old rivals 1-0 through a superb Thomson goal.Great sing song at the end too...."Come on over to my place,Hey you,we're having a party".We are now 6 points clear with a game in hand, although we still have to play them twice at the large meccano set in the East end of the city.( I've got a ticket for the last one).

On Saturday night we watched a dvd ( Hot Fuzz) despite Rosie protesting that she wanted to watch the classic that is "Terminator 2" on ITV."How Arnie never won an Oscar for that performance is a mystery to me", Rosie certainly didn't say!

Hasta La Vista Baby!

If this was an anon blog I could write pages on the weekend, but it's not so back to the poker...!

Congrats to Lukybuggr on winning last nights Bloggerment and apologies to US/Canadian players for not making the start time clearer after the UK clocks went forward early on Sunday morning.

I scraped into the money in 3rd place and afterwards played a couple of wee sngs with Rosie and later with Al Eleven,winning about $90 for my nights work.( $15 at a $100nl cash tab just before bed)

I'm quite pleased with my monthly stats.March '08 is my best ever month at the virtual felt and it really feels as if I'm finally starting to take some decent strides forward on the profit front.( cue a huge April downswing!)

I wish I'd taken sngs ( and turbos in particular) more seriously in the past.I've mentioned previously that I only ever used to seem them as a welcome distraction from the cash game grind.I never ever thought I would actually make a reasonable ( for the low stakes I play) profit.If there's a lesson, it would be to break out of your poker comfort zone and try something different.One day I may even give Multi-table tourneys a proper go!

Ok,that's about it for today.I did have a laugh at the result of a charity raffle at work today when our resident Tackleberry,the man we'd all vote most likely to enter the workplace with an automatic weapon,won a £750 voucher to go paintballing....

My updated monthly poker stats are: Pokerstars $4975 ( + $1291) ,Party $1756 ( + $92), Full Tilt $718 ( + $215),Bet 365 $658 ( - $13),Ladbrokes $553 ( - $43),Pokerroom $36 ( =). Total $8696 ( + $1541 since March 1st).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, 01 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that March '08 has been your best ever month at the "virtual felt". I only recently switched to online playing, and am loving it. I improved by skills by playing for free at first, but now am playing in some real-money games and taking advantage of all the promotions!

 
At Tuesday, 01 April, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Well done on 3rd place.

Why don't you just start an anonymous blog where you can rant to your heart's content. Everyone seems to think that I'm a charity lawyer for some reason...

 
At Wednesday, 02 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice month mate! If I could do that every month then I'd not have to get a new job after my sacking yesterday!

Pud

[url]http://betting.betfair.com/poker/puds-poker-progress/[/url]

 
At Wednesday, 02 April, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

:-) Fooled you abit, but u did have a read

 
At Wednesday, 02 April, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Lads,I hope next month can be similar!

Nice one Simon.I had a read but never went with it as usual!

 
At Sunday, 06 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...following your blog gives me reason to keep playing the virtual felt.

Keep it up man and see you on the tables :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document