Monday, March 17, 2008

Cup Winners...



My cousin and I enjoyed a highly entertaining league cup final at Hampden yesterday.Rangers looked tired after Thursdays efforts in Europe and credit to Dundee Utd for making a decent game of it,going ahead twice before Rangers won on penalties after extra-time.It's been too long since we last won silverware and I hope we can finish the season strongly and win more! Follow Follow...!


Did I recommend drinking herbal teas a few weeks ago? Fridays nights Ginseng cuppa has just cost me £80 for a new lappy keyboard and I can't even blame Riverstars for the beat..Thankfully the rest of the lappy seems ok.All connections seem to be as strong as ever....

Still,it's only ten $16's without making the money I suppose....

I think I'm still up at the tables since my last post.( by about $100 )Sat night was great fun playing with Al Eleven at Stars.At one point we were sitting placed 1st and 2nd in a $12,180 player turbo and made the final table together.( despite Al constantly nicking my blinds!).

I came 5th ( Al was 3rd) after shoving QK ( from sb) into A10 in the big blind.The play was so fishy it was almost surreal.I burst the bubble initially by shoving my tens and being insta-called by a medium stack I had covered.He had A10.Thankfully my 1010 held but what did Mr A10 reckon I'd be pushing with there? What part of my range did his A10 crush? There were a few shorties about to take the fall which made his call even stranger.

Last night was Bloggerment time again and congrats to Rosie who took down her 2nd title in just a few short weeks after beating a very weak fish headsup to claim her win.( just kidding J!)

Three key hands for me.I got very lucky with JJ against Kronsdats KK when I hit my 2 outer in a big pot.JJ then bit me on the arse by losing to 99 ( rivered straight) and KK lost to AQ ( flopped straight).Both were all in preflop and seem typical of my luck in bloggerment games.In truth I wasn't too bothered and I enjoyed watching Rosie take it down.

I chatted on the IM for a while afterwards and then played songs on youtube for a couple of hours.I didn't feel like poker and only played four more games,crashing out of the first two due to my own donkery and bubbling both of my final games.In one I ran A8c into AJ ( small blind shove into solid player with tight calling range in bb)and in the second one I think I was undone by the donkery of a villain.Opinions welcome though...

I had QJ and about 2k in chips.There was a mega shorty on 450 in the big blind and the 2 bigger stacks had folded to me.I shoved hoping to have a better hand than the shorties random hand if he called, and thinking my move would look stronger than it was ( why would I isolate shorty with a weak hand?)but the other villain who just had me covered also called with his QJ and were both toast v the shorties cowboys.Right move at the wrong time or donk move?

My instincts straight after two bubble finishes were to fire up some more,focus harder and keep plugging away but I was completely and utterly mentally drained ( not by the poker)and did the sensible thing and went to bed.

I'm off until Friday this week and may try and play in tonights US blogger game.

Tournament: MATH ( Monday at the Hoy)
Where/when: Full Tilt Poker, Monday 22:00 ET ( 2am UK time)
Game: NLHE 6-Max
Buyin: $24+2 or Tier I token
Password: hammer

Ok,back with more nonsense later in the week....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 18 March, 2008, Blogger Wildcat said...

I think winning the final in Moscow would top it ;) not least because of my 28-1 ante post bet on them :D Read about it in my last post (http://call-of-the-wildcat.blogspot.com/2008/03/back-in-profit.html)

DYM = Double Your Money STT on crypto, 10 or 6 seater, top 5 or 3 erm, double their money! $5 upwards, remarkably boring, not difficult to make a profit though!

 
At Tuesday, 18 March, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh thanks Wildcat and although I've a soft spot for Chelsea,good luck with the bet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document