Monday, March 10, 2008

My Dad is bigger than yooooors.....

Nobody likes losing so I suppose playing 22 games on Sat night and finishing on exactly $0 profit is not the worst poker night ever.Another night of "if onlys" and two outer suckouts.Last night at the felt seemed exactly the same, only this time a couple of decent $16 cashes actually left me up just over $100 for my nights work.I'm going to try and save a few of the more interesting hand histories ( not always bad beats!)to try and get this blog out of the boring rut of bad beats and "I won one and took 2nd in another" type posts it seems to be stuck in at times.

Congrats to Quixote on taking down last nights Bloggerment.My own game went the usual way for me in Stars blogger games...badly!

I was forced to laydown a couple of hands preflop before making my first "move" with QJ when I shoved and was called by Dudleys AK.When the flop came Q J rag,I just knew the 10 was coming and it duly arrived on the turn to knock me out.

I watched some of the final table and I'm not going to comment too much on chat box shenanigans, as it's my view that I'm co-host of a poker tourney and not the headteacher of an Infant school! Besides, I missed a lot of what was said and as I was previously involved with Rosie and detest celticriver's football team and all they stand for ,I probably wouldn't be the most impartial judge! Still,if any of the protagonists would care to leave details of their fathers height and general build in the comments box I'm sure we could settle it once and for all....

Ok,here's a standard turbo hand from last night which shows the power of having a big stack on the bubble.With two shortstacks and the taiko21 acting last with 5255 chips, shoving or betting enough to pot commit the villains is almost automatic.There's no way tiako can call me here without AA/KK as risking his tournament equity is too much of a gamble with two shorties behind.

PokerStars Game #15867710613: Tournament #80320493, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2008/03/09 - 21:22:39 (ET)
Table '80320493 2' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 2: tiako21 (5255 in chips)
Seat 3: LukaLP1 (1565 in chips)
Seat 5: zagga (9070 in chips)
Seat 7: Luckystriky (9665 in chips)
Seat 9: labrowns (1445 in chips)
tiako21: posts the ante 75
LukaLP1: posts the ante 75
zagga: posts the ante 75
Luckystriky: posts the ante 75
labrowns: posts the ante 75
labrowns: posts small blind 600
tiako21: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to zagga [Jc 4d]
LukaLP1: folds
zagga: raises 2400 to 3600
Luckystriky: folds
labrowns: folds
tiako21: folds
zagga collected 3375 from pot
zagga: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3375 | Rake 0
Seat 2: tiako21 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: LukaLP1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: zagga collected (3375)
Seat 7: Luckystriky (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: labrowns (small blind) folded before Flop

Ok,after the pocket fives thread I posted the other day I don't want to frighten off my reader by getting too crude and rude here.I've always tried not to swear too much as I know some people read from work and workplaces can have funny ideas about sites using ( I fucking hate the "I" word) inappropriate language, but I was chatting to a mates brother last night and he came away with a couple of sexually enlightening terms which I found so disgusting,sexist and rude I thought I'd post 'em....!Look away now if yer easily offended...( these are his words not mine!)

The Angry Pirate: blurt yer muck out in her eye then kick her in the shin so she hops about holding her eye.

Bucking Bronco:doing a burd from behind......grab her by the hair.......then lean in and whisper that her sister is much better, again hence the title

Ok,back later in the week...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At Monday, 10 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

Cant you big up my win abit more!

Sheesh.

Bloggerment wins only happen once a year!

 
At Monday, 10 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

p.s I know you think blogger fights are bollocks but some players do deserve to be slapped down for being so obnoxious.

 
At Monday, 10 March, 2008, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

I thought the chat was a bit below the belt. "It'll all end in tears" I was thinking to myself. My mum always used to say that. It's true we gradually become our parents !

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

Thats how londoners fight! :-) as john wayne used to say " never go looking for a fight but if you find yourself in one make damn sure you win"

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought John Wayne used to say "get off your horse and drink your milk"... but then I suppose he hadn't heard of the angry pirate :))

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

"dont piss down my back and call it rain!"

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Blogger seymour:cards said...

all linked up mate, nl50 not going that well!

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Did you win J? I've forgotten already!

I do think blogger fights are bollocks and I'd much rather the table chat stayed friendly or at least was put to bed at the end of the game but I know that's just not the way some folks roll and you're all big enough and ugly enough ( esp you J ;-) ) to fight your own battles.

I hear you Seymour.I've just had the night from hell at the turbos.Here's to a hand actually holding up!

 
At Tuesday, 11 March, 2008, Blogger dD said...

i'll hold my hand up ... ah ok, not on your blog then *)

hmmm glass houses springs to mind Juice ...

after my AK getting whupped by 33 and very next hand my 88 getting rodgered by AQ ... i tuned out :(

congrats to the cardrack who won.

the angry pirate ... seriously LOL every time :))

regards

dD

 
At Wednesday, 12 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

Not quite sure what you mean duds!

Besides 33 v. AK is a 53% to 46% favorite!

 
At Wednesday, 12 March, 2008, Blogger dD said...

lol mr J :)

yeesh, i detest AK even more now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document