Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday rant + Christian Dailly

I heard a good one at work today and thought I'd offer a Bloggerment buy-in to the first person to answer this football question.Leave any answer in the comments.( prize will be Stars transfer so leave your username)

Which player has been previously relegated from the Premiership but currently plays there and has won the Champions League,Uefa Cup,English Premiership and FA Cup?

Congrats to my mate Al Eleven for outdonking the rest of the Bloggerment and taking down the game last night.Nice to see yet another Scottish win!

My game lasted until I reraised ( all in) with AK and didn't improve after being called by 66.

I hit the turbos afterwards and after a few false starts I scraped into the money in a couple of $12 ,180 player games before finishing 6th in one for $99.I'm still unsure if I donked out or just got unlucky in that last one.I don't recall the exact detail but the blinds totalled around $12k,I had $42k and I shoved A10 from the button and ran into AQ.

There was at least one far shorter stack and perhaps I could have been more patient or even made a smaller preflop bet and I could have folded to a reraise.The payouts rise quite steeply near the end and I wanted to try and gain momentum and push on.I also didn't expect to be called by anything less than a premium hand.Ah well, at least I cashed!

I also made around $80 on Sat night from thirteen $16 turbs which I was quite happy with as it felt like I couldn't win a race all night.

My next goals are to break the $5k profit barrier on Sharkscope at Stars and to take my Stars roll through the $4k mark.

Time for a quick rant about the use of the word "literally"."He literally exploded after that bad beat?" Well unless he's in a zillion pieces he didn't literally explode at all! Grrr.He/she may have been angry and upset but wasn't ever in danger of "literally" exploding.

Oh and "so" as in "so what" is not a word when written as "soooooooo".That says Sue! The St Enoch shopping centre in Glasgow is being refurbished but has a notice saying it's still "soooooooo open".grrr!

I also woke up to a bit of snow today.It barely covered my trainers and although the roads were a bit busy I was only 5 minutes late for work.Cue the headlines in the Glasgow Evening Times "Travel Chaos as Blizzards sweep Scotland".I realise "small snowfall causes minor delays" isn't quite as dramatic but at least it's accurate!

Dog fouling notices on lampposts! Why?! Ok,nobody wants to tread in crap but ffs,a free phone number to call and report any offenders? Will a call to that number result in sirens and screeching tyres as the dog crap police rush to attend or will there be the same slow response as there is when its neds battling in the town centre on a Sat afternoon?! ( the police arrived but nobody was caught according to the local paper)

I may even call the hotline just to find out...


Don't even get me started on the great global warming scam which has people feeling all warm and fuzzy because they've turned down their washing machine wash temperature from 40 to 30.... ***

Ok,enough of being an old grump! Back later in the week...

*** No debates with tree huggers will be entered into!

As a bonus for all that whinging here's a quality clip of football fans serenading a Christian Dailly lookalike steward..




Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Monday, 03 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

KANU

 
At Monday, 03 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

i think you know my pokerstars log in by now :-)

 
At Monday, 03 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh Christian Dailly...."

Fantastic!!

 
At Monday, 03 March, 2008, Blogger TanOrpheus said...

wow, global warming's a myth, says a US socio-economic business website. Smart link that one. Science Sucks !

I'm a tree hugger so don't try and debate it !

 
At Tuesday, 04 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

isnt that too much mr a?

 
At Tuesday, 04 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be Kieron Richardson then....

Don't worry about the buy in ( if I am correct of course ) as I don't use stars LOL

 
At Tuesday, 04 March, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

Are you still 35? I'm sure your profile has stated that you're 35 for the last 2 years!

 
At Tuesday, 04 March, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Spot on Juice and sorry anon but Kanu was the answer I was after.

I think $10 is the min transfer J.Spend the rest wisely!

Have a nice tree Tan....

Profile has been accurately updated every year Donkey Face!

35 with the baby faced good looks of a man 10 yrs younger.....

 
At Wednesday, 05 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know that Kanu is also the answer for another famous football question? -

Who is the only premiership footballer to have a slang word for masturbation in his first name?

Thought you'd want to know that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document