Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chasing Rainbows

Back to work tomorrow ( off Monday though) and I reckon I'm going to need plenty of strong cups of tea to fight the jet lag after being up until past 3am most nights and lying in until after 12.I'm looking forward to the long weekend though and next weekend will be even better as Rosie is coming up to Glasgow for a couple of days.

To the poker and on Tuesday night Rosie and I ( along with Tan and Burnley Mik)played in Tony Holdens "Bigger Deal" game on Stars which had a $10 entry fee and $2.7k added to the prize pool.I bubbled the final table ( aprox 140 starters) for a $50 payout after going out when my 22 fell to A7.I hate it when the board reads QQ448 and the Ace kicker plays but I'll probably be back for more next week.

The best part of Tuesday night was not the poker but trying to log onto the Rangers fans message board later on and finding the server was busy.I'd totally forgotten our rivals were playing in the cup and in a happy turn of events...they were pumped out of it! We only scraped a poor draw with Partick Thistle last night,however at least we have a replay and can still win it!

I played in The Mookie last night with 105 US bloggers and as usual had Buddy Dank radio playing in the background.I remember getting no action from the few premium hands I was dealt,pushing with A4 from the sb into the BB's AK and spiking a 4 when shortstacked,before finally going out 21st when I had 2.2k,blinds and antes totalled 1k and my K2 sooooted shove was called by Waffles with his 93 hitting a nine on the flop.If I'd won that 60/40 I reckon I could have used my tight image and added fold equity to chip up and make a run for the final table, but it wasn't to be and I hit the sack instead.

I had intended to use my 9 days off to really hammer the tables,4 tabling the $16 turbs for 4-5 hours per day and in truth it's not worked out that way at all,although I plan to get some volume in the bag today!

I may be a lazy git but I have managed to win over $1k in 144 games since I last walked out of my work on March 7th which I'm delighted with.I've also managed to play in a few of the US blogger games which is usually impossible due the time differences.( cashed twice in Kats donkament with a win and a 3rd place)

The turbs are very tough on the mind and I've also given myself an easy time of it by quitting if I have a very good start to the night.I realise it's all about volume in sng's but if I win and come 2nd ( for example) in two out of my first five games of the night then why not relax for the rest of the night and enjoy the fact I'd won over $100 for the day and I don't need to face any more beats!

The only problem with my approach over the last 9 days is that I still don't know how I'd do if I 4 tabled for 6-8 hours per day.Maybe I don't want to know! I can handle 3 tables no problems and still pick up reads however I'm not sure I'll ever be able to robotically play many more than that.

My problem is that although I go into each $16 turb with a rough idea of how I'm going to play,every situation is different and I like to adjust accordingly.Playing more than 4 tables makes those adjustments tough as there can be very little in the way of player reads to go on.Tough but still beatable and I suppose the edge again comes from making slightly poorer decisions ( still better than majority of opponents) but making far more of them to increase profits.

Ok,time to drop Nacho off,come home and hit the tables.I did say that last night would be my last US blogger game for a while but Tans post has me tempted to play in the Riverchasers game at 1am tonight on Full Tilt.( pass: riverchasers)

I can go into work for 10am,most of our English customers will be off anyway and I reckon I can gently ease my way back in ( get away with being half asleep at my desk)
and catch up on my sleep over the weekend.Hmmm...!

Thanks for reading.Time to find my pot of gold...



Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, 20 March, 2008, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Sorry man great playing with ya. I figured I had enough chips to try and bust you. gg.

 
At Thursday, 20 March, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Sir.You did and you did :-) gg.

 
At Thursday, 20 March, 2008, Blogger AlCantHang said...

It was nice having you out for the last few events. Hope you can make some more.

Cheers

 
At Thursday, 20 March, 2008, Blogger katitude said...

correction: 101 US bloggers and 4 CDN bloggers.

Hope to see you for the Donkament :-)

 
At Friday, 21 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your site, and figured I'd comment. I do have one question do you play mainly online or do you play at local tournaments in the states etc?

Also, I hope that you don't mind but I linked to your blog on my site.

 
At Friday, 21 March, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

i wanted to sign up to teh bigger deal tournie but no one told me!grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

by they way you get a mention on teh bigger deal blog

 
At Friday, 21 March, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Al,it was a pleasure being at the virtual felt with you guys on a more regular basis even if it was just because I was off my work.

Sorry Kat! After Waffles jibe about me being English ( shudder!)how could I forget the Canadians!
Hope to make tonights game if Im still awake!

Josh,
Happy to swap links.I play mostly online from bonny Scotland!

Juice: We didn't tell you to give ourselves a decent chance of cashing... ;-) Actually it was all very last minute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document