Friday, April 04, 2008

Wish you were here...

Rosie is booked up to come back to Glasgow on Fri 25th April which is the best news I've had all week! Only about 504 hours to go...

It's not been a great week at work and I even managed to fall out with a colleague over our new start/finish schedule.My company are taking away our flexi-time in all but name and this colleague was shouting about bringing in employment lawyers to fight it at a union meeting a few weeks ago.Imagine my surprise when I raised the issue at our team meeting and this same colleague riled against the "negativity" being expressed and said we should just accept it and get on with it! There was no way I was just going to let that go...!

I don't talk much about poker at work but was forced to access my Sharkscope stats from my mobile to prove to one disbelieving colleague that it is actually possible to profit from gambling.I explained all the usual stuff about poker being different because it's the other players I'm competing with and not "the house" but the idea that all gamblers lose and any wins are only temporary seems to be ingrained in some peoples psyche.

I did lose the only two $16 turbs I played in last night and although the first crash out was unlucky,I pushed an open ended straight draw too hard in the other because it was creeping past 1am and my eyes were almost shut!

Tonight I plan on playing in the RTR league game although I may have to give Kats excellent Friday night donkament a miss as the UK clocks have gone forward and it's back to a 2am start time ( Full Tilt,pass:donkarama).

Mini driving rant time.When it's late at night and your creeping along at 5mph under the speed limit on a quiet road,don't feckin' flash your headlights at me when I overtake you.Overtaking is not illegal and if you weren't driving like a geriatric on tranquilisers I wouldn't have had to make a move in the first place!

Just time to pimp the pud before I go.I was sorry to hear fellow UK blogger Yorkie Pud was sacked from his job last week.His fine blogging has led to a well deserved gig on Betfairs blog.Get over there,have a read and join the Pimp the Pud campaign ( sounded catchy!) by linking him up on your own blog/site and by stopping by his new place on a regular basis....

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, 07 April, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shoutout mate and LMFAO at Pimp The Pud! Love it!

 
At Monday, 07 April, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

No probs Pud!
cheers,
Acorn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document