Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sliding down the pole...

After pounding the tables at the weekend I slowed down a bit last night and watched a couple of sngicons videos before hitting the tables for a set of four games ( $16,18 player turbos) later on.

It's funny how I can play 61 games over an evening,be on the end of repeated bad beats and still enjoy the session,yet last night it only took four games to make me want to spew and buy a cat to kick!

In the first game I raised 6bb preflop with AQ,the money went in when the flop came 8 J Q .Surely the fish didn't call my raise with 910 off sooot....he surely did!

My KK v AcQc was next up and when the money went in on a flop with 2 clubs ,the turn brought the fatal club which knocked me out.My AQ failed to hit v 66 in my next game and even in my last game of the four, I came 4th after shoving KQ into AK.

I'm getting tired of posting philosophical soliloquies on running badly.Ok,I've been reasonable,accepted it's just variance...Now turn the fuckin' beats off!!! Just for once I want to be Mr JJ who gets it in v AJ and AA and still hits his case Jack, instead of being Mr "Np,gg" after yet another fish says sorry for some nasty beat.

I'm trying to remain optimistic and stay focused on making the right decisions.I'm trying not to push too hard and make things happen.I'm going over hand histories,watching more training vids and regularly read the sng forum sections of 2+2,Cardplayer and Rebels of poker.

I've tried talking about running badly in the past tense and treating every hand as a new independent event.Logically there's no way any hands I play tonight can be in any way linked to any previous "bad run" and yet despite telling myself this, every night seems to see the same old crap as big hands get scudded,races are never won and fish pull miracle river cards out their backsides like it's going out of fashion.

As I've learned from the forums,sng downswings and bad runs can last for hundreds and sometimes thousands of games.I've only played 2.5k games on Stars and this is all still part of learning the game for me.The best way to cope is through volume,continued revision of my game and plenty of huffy tantrums and foot stamping whilst shouting about how it's all so unfair.Perhaps not the last part, but I've tried the first few options to no avail!

I'll be back at the tables tonight for more as usual.Tomorrow night I'm looking forward to taking care of Step A and enjoying more "Family Guy" and crap makeover programmes.( her choice!)

Back soon...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, 18 July, 2008, Blogger dD said...

really wish you would get rid of that fucking word verification, what a pain in the fucking arse ! honestly !
aint spoke for a while, all ok your end ?

gl (lol like you need it)

regards

dD

ps last time i log in for this word ver ... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

 
At Friday, 18 July, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh but it stops the spammers dD!

Doing ok mate.I'll give you a bell next week.

cheers,
Acorn

 
At Sunday, 20 July, 2008, Blogger Maxwell Adams said...

I hate that word verification too. Even worse is making me log ont blogger. Which is why I don't bother half the time.

Anyway, what's this with your blog titles? You've made references to stripping and physical contact lap dancing in your last two posts. Have you been frequenting Glasgow's finer gentlemens' establishments?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document