Friday, August 29, 2008

Guess the hand...

No poker on Wednesday night as I was babysitting and visiting my Gran.When I arrived home and put the tv on,it switched itself off and now only comes on for 1/2 sec before reverting to standby mode.It's less than 2 yrs old and now I need to decide if I want to pay for someone to try and fix it.I'm tempted to raid the poker account for a 42" Plasma but my Mum and Dad have lent me a 26" tv set for now, and as I watch very little tv,I'm not sure if I should be splashing out on a new one.Hmmm.

Last night I was over seeing my Gran again before Nacho and I had a fine dinner at my Mum and Dads.My Gran can't eat,is barely taking any liquid and sadly it's just a matter of time now.I even got a new suit yesterday and I'm expecting the phone to ring anytime with the news of her passing.Sad times.

I did hit the tables later,firing up three $16 tables and allowing myself to slip into donkey mode after my AK lost to 88 in the first one.I wasn't tilting but I was far from playing my best game.I hit up four more and after building a decent stack in all of them,I was dealt decent hands on all four tables at once and instead of using my timebank I rushed my decisions.This meant my premium pair was busted by a flopped flush on one table and I wasted my decent sized stack on another by calling someone down with JJ on a King high flop.( The second King on the turn convinced me he didn't have it.KJ obviously!)

I did win one and came 2nd in the the other to finish that set of four before failing to cash in a couple of $22's at Party.All very exciting I'm sure you'll agree!

Time to share a few thoughts on a player type you may recognise.Time to callout the Over Player.Yep while most of us are happy to fold our big blind if we don't have a hand or don't feel the same player is picking on it,the Over player will take his time on every single occasion his blind is raised even if it's only the first level.It's as if you've broken into their house,removed food from their babies mouth and had your wicked way with his Missus.

Too much credit is always given to the villains thought process which in turn leads to making hero calls against such villains.The Over Player always suspects he is being bluffed or outplayed and while the later is probably true,the chances are that they actually outplayed themselves with their Harrington like level 48 thinking.These guys/gals are not the worst of the players out there but they don't do themselves any favours with their over thinking and fancy plays.

Ok,tonight the ex is coming round tonight to clean the flat,I've got Nacho for the weekend and on Sunday my cousin and I will be at the Stydome for the first Old Firm game of the season against the soapdodgers.

Time for another Guess the hand for a wonderful prize competition! As nobody guessed correctly the last time I've decided that the $5 prize will.....remain the same! The only hint I'll give is to try and avoid using any kind of vaguely sensible poker thought process.This is Party Poker afterall! One guess only and I'll keep it open for a few days....

***** Hand History for Game 7333442607 ***** From a $22 turbo.
20/40 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (STT Tournament 41743721) - Thu Aug 28 18:36:57 EDT 2008
Table Speed 1333087 (Real Money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Onego_66 (1960)
Seat 2: rfireky (1840)
Seat 3: quintee (1840)
Seat 4: Rococo8200 (2000)
Seat 5: Sotha_Sil (2000)
Seat 6: Acornmn (2000)
Seat 7: reddevil339 (2700)
Seat 8: infamous6666 (1800)
Seat 9: afrim303 (1940)
Seat 10: Call_Any4 (1920)
Onego_66 posts small blind (20)
rfireky posts big blind (40)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Acornmn [ Ks, Ad ]
quintee calls (40)
Rococo8200 folds
Sotha_Sil folds
Acornmn raises (200) to 200
reddevil339 folds
infamous6666 folds
afrim303 folds
Call_Any4 folds
Onego_66 calls (180)
rfireky folds
quintee calls (160)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Ac, 9s, 9d ]
Onego_66 bets (560)
quintee folds
Acornmn calls (560)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ As ]
Onego_66 checks
Acornmn bets (240)
Onego_66 calls (240)
** Dealing River ** : [ 4h ]
Onego_66 checks
Acornmn bets (1000)
Acornmn is all-In.
Onego_66 calls (960)
Onego_66 is all-In.
Creating Main Pot with $4160 with Onego_66
** Summary **
Main Pot: 4160
Board: [ Ac 9s 9d As 4h ]

What does onego_66 call me down with?

Ok,here's a quick one from the paper which brought a smile to my face...

A reader tells us he took his family for a special meal at a country-house hotel which had mounted stags' heads in the foyer. One of them had a couple of party hats hanging from its antlers.

Noticing his young daughter had stopped walking and was staring at the head, he told her that unfortunately some folk liked to hunt animals.

"But why did they have to shoot him on his birthday?" she wailed.

Back soon...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, 29 August, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

A pair of fives - or is it "Love is all around" by Wet Wet Wet?

The "overplayer" is my nemesis. I only take him on with monsters, and he always sucks out on me - the bugger...

Sorry to hear about your gran - tough to take. My thoughts are with you Zag.

 
At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Mr C.My Gran passed away early on Sat morning.I'm ok,but the funeral will be hard.

Not 55 btw although I like your thinking.

 
At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

Jeez - sad news.
Condolences to you and your family.

 
At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger _Kronsdat said...

Well - that was rather over the top with the A9 v my 6's!

I'll try and recoup my losses with the proposal of 56 Spades - because they're sooooooooooted!

 
At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Seen you push A5 before Krons.As you were under 10bb ( I think)I reckoned your range was wider when folded to you.I'm not sure you shove with a top prem hand.I'll need to check my extensive notes
;-)

Hoped I had you pwned or a flip KQ,KJ,low to mid pairs type hands.

Maybe a touch marginal but didnae do me any good anyways.Two bubbles!

 
At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

ps not 56 sooooted :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document