Monday, September 08, 2008

Come on Andy!

Alcanthang,Mr Cloud and I are looking for 8 players from Europe and 8 from the US to play a heads up mini Ryder cup event on Full Tilt.The entry fee is $20 ( + game fees) and once the draw has been made you will need to arrange a time to play your opponent.All applications for the European team are welcome!Please leave a comment or contact me by email at the addy on at the top of this blog.

I didn't play much poker yesterday.The s-man came over about 8-ish and in between chatting, watching a bit of Braveheart and the tennis,I played in the Brit Blogger game and the RTR league game.I managed to win the Brit Blogger game again ( this time with a more respectable 18 entrants)and bubbled the RTR game for the second week in a row,this time after my 88 proved no good v QJsooooted.

I have to admit that I'm not much of a poker player fan boy.The first time I read someone call a top player "sick" on the Pocket Fives forum I hoped the player in question would make a swift recovery from his illness!

I have great respect for the top players both online and live, but apart from watching their training vids I don't particularly care who is top of which MTT ranking table or how "sick" they are running this week.Later on though, after the s-man had left and I'd finished playing,I did watch some of the WCCOP $10K tables and enjoyed watching some of the bigger named players doing battle.

This was of course after I'd watched Scotlands Andy Murray play brilliantly to finish off Nadal in the US Open semi-final.The Five Live phone-in this morning was full of middle Englanders asking why Murray should expect their support.(A couple of years ago Murray had the cheek to joke he'd cheer any team playing England at football).I'm sure the truth is that Murray couldn't give a toss if they support him or not."Who cares" I was shouting at my radio.The Scottish people will be behind him and if he's not clean cut enough or is too honest for the English public/media to accept then I doubt he will lose any sleep over it.GL against The Fed young man!

Until my next 100mph serve....

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, 08 September, 2008, Blogger TripJax said...

I'd like to bring my C+ game to the US team if you still need players.

Just let me know. My email is at the top of my blog if you need me...or you can just leave a comment on my latest post...

 
At Tuesday, 09 September, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

I'll play m8 deffo. Lemme me know on my blog. Murry sucks btw lol. Fooking Scot :-)

 
At Tuesday, 09 September, 2008, Blogger Amatay said...

Just read the rest of your post. How many times have you won the Brit Blog now?? lol. You are deffo the strongest player there imo. Your very solid on them type of games aint ya. What your user on ftp and ps, i wanna sharkscope ya fish ;-)
Only joking about Murry btw, i wanted him to win tonight, his time will come.
In regards to that Ryder Cup thing, great idea. I could give it some pimpage on my blog if you need more peeps?

 
At Tuesday, 09 September, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Comment left on your blog Trip.Cheers.

At least you didn't call Murray Scotch.Then again you already have one of them in your life eh!

Thanks for the kind comments on my game.Even us donks have hands hold up sometimes :-)

Lol at the Sharky comment.My stats are decent on Stars ( zagga) but the Super Turbos on FT ( Acornman)aint doing me any favours!( so damned addictive though)

Be great to have you in Team GB for the Ryder cup game and pimpage would be mucho appreciated.We're hoping to make it 8 v 8 and we've already got me,Cloud,Dudley and now yourself.( and Trip,Alcanthang for the USA)
I'll get back to you as soon as I get more info from Alcanthang and Cloudy re what to pimp...

 
At Wednesday, 10 September, 2008, Blogger Nick said...

Brilliant - I was going to suggest getting the Amatay fish on our side!!

I'll put something up today on my blog as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document