Sunday, August 31, 2008

End of Month Stats

My Gran passed away early on Saturday morning.She had been suffering from severe dementia and had no quality of life at all.It was expected and although I feel a little numb,I'm glad she's at peace now.

I'm just back from the Old Firm game at the Piggery after watching Rangers thrash our rivals 4-2."So fuckin' easy,Oh this is so fuckin' easy" and "Come on over to my place,Hey you,We're havin' a party" were my favourite chants of the day.

The first Rangers goal was a beauty and it seems a moment of high emotion like that was enough to bring things to a head and I finally broke down a bit and cried.Perhaps some of the numbness melted away.It happened again at other moments during the game and even although I feel alzheimer's disease means the person suffering dies slowly before you over a period of a few years ,I think I've realised the actual end is still tougher to cope with than I expected.I suppose it's also at times like this ( been single again for a wee while)that I miss having a partner and someone to turn to, although I appreciate the support from family,ex 's and friends.I am ok, although I expect the funeral on Thursday will be hard.

My cousin offered to come round last night but I didn't feel like company.I just wanted to smoke a ton of herb ( nowt new there then!) and throw myself into the poker.No great poker recap.I did win over the last couple of nights and did reach my goal of breaking the $8k profit barrier according to Sharkscope.

Here's my graph for the month.I watched a Brian Townsend vid and if he finds playing more than four tables too hard then I think it's ok for me to admit I'll probably never be an 8-12 tabling player.That wee experiment and general downswing certainly cost me this month, but thankfully since I moved back to 3-4 tabling, my poker mo-jo seems to have returned.



Profit Overall/August:



All time graph:



Overall finishing positions:


Ok,I'm having dinner over at the ex Mrs A's shortly after picking Step A up.I probably wont play much tonight apart from the Brit Blogger game and the RTR league game so I'll just post my monthly stats for August and be done with it.

Pokerstars $11791 ( + $447),Party $1289 ( + $268),Full Tilt $157 ( - $21),Ladbrokes $336 ( =),Bet 365 $478 ( - $42) Pokerroom $36 ( =) Total $14087. ( + $652 for month)


Don't forget there's $50 added to the prizepool for tonights Brit Blogger game and nobody looks to have a runaway lead yet in the race for the big prizes....


Labels:

5 Comments:

At Sunday, 31 August, 2008, Blogger Juice said...

very sorry to hear about your gran acorn. Best wishes to the family.

 
At Monday, 01 September, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Juice.

 
At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Blogger katitude said...

So sorry to hear about your Gran. My Grandma Rose was in the same way, and I know a bit of what you're feeling.

*hugs babes.

 
At Tuesday, 02 September, 2008, Blogger Klopzi said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing loved ones is always tough.

And on the poker-front, congratulations on hitting the $8K mark.

 
At Wednesday, 03 September, 2008, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Thanks Kat n Klopzi.Your words are much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document