Sunday, June 07, 2009

Melting Snowmen



Ok,I'd been 3-4 tabling for a while,had a lot of late nights this week and I happen to have seen a man about a very nice ( herbal) dog recently.My more experienced poker playing readers may be able to spot the minor mistake I made with this hand...

I'm in the cut-off position early on in a $22 turbo sng and look down to two ( a Desmond obv) snowmen ( 88).I decide that with two callers very early on in the game, I don't have much fold equity if I raise, so I limp along hoping to hit a set or possibly take a stab at the pot if it's checked to me.

An eight falls first on an 8d 10h Ad flop.Bingo,I've hit a set! Someone's bound to have an Ace and pay me off.

It's checked round to me,I check too, and let the loose fishy button player bet just under half the pot.I decide to slow play a little as I reckon he's more likely to have a random Ace or have hit the ten than be on the flush draw.The turn comes a 2h and I check raise the mo-fo and his crappy Ace rag/K10 type hand just enough to keep him in the pot and let him hang himself.I can feel cleverness oozing oot ma pores!

The river is the 6h,I get him to commit the rest of his stack and await the virtual chips making their way across the table,destination: Acorn Stack.

I sit momentarily stunned as instead the chips cross the table to donkey boy and his A4 unsoooted.I take a closer look at the screen and one of my feckin' snowmen has melted into a nine.8 feckin 9 off soot.



Tired,wasted and not focussing...

The moral of the story is.... to decant to the kitchen,open the freezer door and pop in your laptop/pc whenever you get dealt Snowmen. ( or when 89 begins to look like 88,go to bed!)

Before:

After:

Thanks for the comments and emails on my last post.I spoke to the good lady on Sat evening and we agreed to leave things and chat again on Monday,giving us both more time to think things over.

I ended up watching "The Blues Brothers" and hitting the tables, coming back from being about 10 buy-ins down to break even over 23 games at $22 on Party.

Not much else to say today other than to wish Rubbish all the best in tonights Tournament of Champions freeroll . Thanks again to SirAlcan'thang for inlcuding the Brit Blogger game this time round.The freeroll is at 1am UK time but if you're still up pop along and wish Rubbish good luck from the rail! WSOP main event packages go to the top 2 players.( 44 registered to play)

Just time for a quick musical treat before I go.I'm not sure if I've posted about Rangers winning the Scottish league championship for the 52nd time.I just can't get this tune out of my head...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Sunday, 07 June, 2009, Blogger rubbish said...

Jeez mate, glad I read this tonight has I hadn't a clue about this winners tournament.
You would have thought they would have sent an e-mail or something.
Bricking it now. Might have to go to bed and get up at midnight.
All the best.

 
At Sunday, 07 June, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Ahh I thought that may be the case :-)

Gl mate.TID for da UK!

 
At Monday, 08 June, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fucking hilarious huh ?

I did it with 66, flopped the boat .... ah .... ah .... oops !

I did in fact hold 56xx .... 4-card-yuck :(

regards

raLurker

 
At Monday, 08 June, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in all seriousness, tread carefully with the new lady ....

leave the high speed stuff for the turbs.

regards

raLurker (again)

 
At Tuesday, 09 June, 2009, Blogger Surfer Earning Free said...

Great blog. Check out my poker blog. You can put it in your links if you would like. Good luck littleacornman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document