Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Update

I watched Scotland blow our World Cup qualifying chances in typical Scottish fashion the other night after going down 1-0 to a late Dutch goal.We played well and should have beaten them, however earlier losses to the footballing giants of Norway ( "You only sing when you're fishing") and Macedonia meant we failed yet again.Taxi for Burley...

I also watched the second half of the women's Euro final between Germany and England.The Germans apparently dominate women's football and I did feel a little sorry for the English girl co-commentating who insisted the gap between them and the Germans was closing with the score sitting at 3-2 to Germany...just before the German ladies rattled in another 3 to make it a 6-2 hammering.

On the poker front I played a couple of $16 Single table sng's on Stars and took down one of them.I'll probably return to Stars on Sunday for the Raisetheriver Heads Up Championship.I've finished first more often than any other position when playing sng's but unless the blinds start at 400/800 I'll be dead money as my heads up game is pretty weak overall.

I moved to Party afterwards ( still as Acornmn although a name change may be imminent)and played a $22 and a $33 before bed and crashed out of both.In the $22 I reraised a late position steal attempt with AK and lost to 87 before bubbling the $33 when my A7 fell to A4.I do quite fancy taking a proper shot at the $33's and will do so if the company I work for don't offer our department the sabbatical option this month as has been rumoured.I felt a bit unlucky after those exits until I read about the poor guy killed by a bus crashing through the window of a bookies in Manchester.Now that really is a bad beat.

Away from the poker I've been wondering about some of the dating site ad's I've come across recently.Some ladies state " No weirdo's or perverts" on their ads and I wondered how effective this tactic is.Do some blokes get half way through replying before spotting that line and thinking "Ahh that's a shame,she seems lovely but I'm such a perving oddball weirdo I'd better not get in touch"?

Ok,thanks for reading.Back soon...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, 11 September, 2009, Blogger Gavin said...

lol re the dating agencies.

 
At Friday, 11 September, 2009, Blogger dD said...

hmmmm thats the first line in my CV .... damn, think i should change it .... nah, fcuk it, i like being a "weirdo perverts" .... he he he he .... well i am an omaha donk, wtf do you expect !!!!

regards

ps word ver - "aldal" hmmmm seems familiar ....

 
At Sunday, 13 September, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Funny I thought of you as I was writing about that Dudley ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document