Monday, September 14, 2009

Raise the River HU Win

After a fine prawn dinner last night I fired up Stars for the $10 RTR forum Heads-Up challenge.I played Rubbish in the first round of the shootout format and managed to come back from an early tonking to take the match down.Next up was Rchpro and I had the advantage of watching a few of his final hands v Burnley Mik before we started.All I'd really picked up was that he seemed a solid enough player and he gave me a tough game before I finally made it through to the final v online pro and blogger Amatay.

My only real strategy throughout was to mix things up and try and stay on the front foot as often as possible.Amatay was my toughest opponent and I had to adjust rapidly to stop him running over me completely.Eventually I min-raised KK,Amatay shoved with 77 and I snap called to take most of his chips.( amazed Stars didn't deliver a 7 on the river!)

Including those three heads-up matches I've now won 6 in a row sngs on Stars and I half expected the poker gods to even things up at the Party $22's.I wasn't wrong as I had KK and QQ busted by Jacks,ran QQ into AA and couldn't win a flip either for my first few games.I watched a Braminc training video and loaded up a couple more $22's before bed.I did have one quite funny delayed bad beat moment when I was heads up in one game and down to the last three in the other.In the first game the villain had me slightly covered as we got it all in.I had KK and he showed K4.I switched my attention to the other table and remember feeling suprised when the "Congrats you've cashed for $$" popped up on Table one.Maybe he didn't have me covered afterall.....or maybe his feckin K4 rivered a straight and I'd taken $60 for 2nd instead of the $100 I was expecting to see! At least I took other one down!

Ok,the s-man is coming over this evening and I've arranged to pick up Step A and take her for dinner tomorrow night.Any any ideas how to make conversation with a 15yr girl who seems to give one word answers to any questions thrown at her? Seriously though I'm really looking forward to seeing her.Not being part of her upbringing after splitting from her Mum a couple of years back has been very hard to deal with and I actually feel quite proud that the wee one still wants to see me.I can't have done that bad a job helping to looking after her when I stayed with them.

Anyways thanks for reading.Back soon...

3 Comments:

At Monday, 14 September, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

gg matey nice hu win :)

 
At Monday, 14 September, 2009, Blogger rubbish said...

Nice win mate. I don't remember hardly any of our game. Never play when you're pissed right?

 
At Thursday, 17 September, 2009, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Cheers lads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

blog search directory Untitled Document